Author Topic: AVSIM Hack  (Read 2014 times)

Offline vc-10

• Command Captain
  • Fly Embraer Jets!
Re: AVSIM Hack
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2009, 06:38:49 PM »
Gary McKinnon didn't cause deliberate criminal damage to a company's assets, but hacked into the Pentagon looking for UFO secrets. He also suffers from Asbergers disease, a form of Autism. I agree with Steve, he should not be extradited to the US and think that Blair was a complete pushover to Bush when that was signed, and I hope that it gets sorted out (and David Cameron would surely get quite a bit of support if he used it in his campaign next year). Tom Allensworth wouldn't have filed the complaint with the Met if he wanted extradition- the case would go forward in UK courts and if he did get time it would be in a UK prison.

Data theft is quite a serious allegation- 2 journalists were just jailed for hacking the voicemail systems of some members of the Royal family (legally I believe this is the same crime of data theft). I hope that he does get a nice big fine and time, he deserves it. He's caused major criminal damage to Avsim's property (and that of the ISPs involved? I'm not sure), stolen my (and 70,000 other people's) email address, and Avsim have offered to settle out of court but he ignored them.

Offline 33Sierra

• Turbine 2nd Officer
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2009, 05:32:10 AM »
Nice , I hope they can bring justice onto this person.  I still suffer from his actions everyday as I try to download repaints from avsim and repeatingly get the  " file missing "  screen   :'(

I hear you on that. Getting a repaint now days is like begging for money at a stop light.
I would love to see AVSIM get back up and running.
Now TFS has folded, I ask Boris about this on his website, and he told me that they may get back together over at TFS someday.
He did say that for now, TFS is a done deal.
I found this to be sad. I liked that website. The models were great.
Boris told me to check out UT2, but when I did I found out it is for FSX.
My computer, (poor old thing) cant handle that monster.
Now matter how much upgrading I do.
I am still getting stutters sometimes with FS9.
Maybe things will work out.
I hope.
I love this hobby.

Offline Klemen

• AIG Dispatch Advisor
  • Command Captain
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2009, 07:48:52 AM »
The most sad thing is, there wont be any DHC-8-200 now, if what you say above is true.

Area ATC | Ljubljana Radar | LJLA

Offline andrew27

• Prop 1st Officer
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2009, 06:47:16 PM »
The most sad thing is, there wont be any DHC-8-200 now, if what you say above is true.
There is a TFS DHC-8-200 in UT2 - with a whopping 3 repaints. They just never released it as freeware.

Offline Klemen

• AIG Dispatch Advisor
  • Command Captain
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2009, 08:05:58 PM »
Is not that model just for FSX?

Area ATC | Ljubljana Radar | LJLA

Offline andrew27

• Prop 1st Officer
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2009, 09:29:59 PM »
Yes, it is compiled as such but it's just an exterior model, it would have been quite possible to compile with FS9 model compiler.
Same goes for the other TFS models - in UT2 they are compiled as FSX models, but there are FS9 ones too.

Offline Open Up

• Turbine 2nd Officer
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2009, 06:44:52 PM »
Craig's FS9 model compiler exploded unfortunately.
John

Offline Rik182

• Turbine 2nd Officer
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2009, 08:47:18 PM »

Yeah it's sad to see TFS leave the scene, but look on the bright side. They dó have released a number of great
ai models which are just out there. Them being out of the game doesn't mean no more repaints can or will be made for those great models right!?.   And who knows , maybe aig will someday surprise us with their own dash8-200?  ;D    Untill that day, the pai model will have to do.

Offline DJC

• Prop Captain
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2009, 09:33:30 PM »
Yes, it is compiled as such but it's just an exterior model, it would have been quite possible to compile with FS9 model compiler.

Are you speaking from experience here?

As far as i know you can't use a FS9 source file to export a FSX model, the compilers work in very different ways so a whole different set of animations, XML, visibility tags, animation tags, effects tags and FSX specific materials are required in order to create an FSX model.
Looks like i lost my Monocle

Offline Andy

• Super K!
  • AIG Ops
  • Command Captain
  • Bear with a Sore Head
    • Flickr Photos by ME. :)
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2009, 09:40:04 PM »
Craig is right - It is an absolute nightmare working with FSX models if you are used to the old MDL8/MDL9 format.

GUID's make me want to pull myself inside out
Live life for the accomplishments, not for the compliments.

My photos here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/Sud-Est/