Author Topic: AI Aardvark new release  (Read 13263 times)

Offline Mosha

• AIG Honored Members
  • Command Captain
  • AIG Dispatch La-Un, Ranong, Thailand.
    • Alpha India Group
Re: AI Aardvark new release
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2008, 11:40:02 AM »
A flying pig  8)
Regards, Steve

"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Offline FrancoisM

• Turbine Captain
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2008, 01:14:15 PM »
Yep. Only visible at Battersea tough  ;)

A flying pig  8)

Offline EDDK

• Command Captain
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2008, 01:34:45 PM »
my guess is a 747  :-X
Regards, Philippe

Offline Makadocias

• Command Captain
  • Live every day like it's your last!
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2008, 01:56:56 PM »
One thing which is kind a odd is that they show all the pic's of the plane's with flaps down.
Which are not (yet) available for us so hopefully they'l "convince" the board and release the XML code's, flaps etc. for us as well :)

Anyhow it's very nice to have those 757 Winglets finally flying around in our virtual world!  8)

Upcoming flights: 09-03 AMS - GOA KL1563 # 11-03 GOA - AMS KL1564
Check out my video's at http://www.youtube.com/user/Makadocias/videos

Offline snauffal

• AIG Dispatch
  • Turbine Captain
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2008, 02:14:11 PM »
One thing which is kind a odd is that they show all the pic's of the plane's with flaps down.
Which are not (yet) available for us so hopefully they'l "convince" the board and release the XML code's, flaps etc. for us as well :)

Anyhow it's very nice to have those 757 Winglets finally flying around in our virtual world!  8)

The flaps look exactly the same to me as the ones that were released with the model. They just took pictures of the plane landing and the old AIA 752 also did that..

Offline Makadocias

• Command Captain
  • Live every day like it's your last!
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2008, 03:12:19 PM »
Haha, this is so funny  :D

I have after all those years never noticed that it had flaps that went down while landing... :-[

Well, it's good to know that!  ;D

Thanks for that!

Upcoming flights: 09-03 AMS - GOA KL1563 # 11-03 GOA - AMS KL1564
Check out my video's at http://www.youtube.com/user/Makadocias/videos

Offline EDDK

• Command Captain
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2008, 04:04:03 PM »
I have after all those years never noticed that it had flaps that went down while landing... :-[

har har thats good!  :D
Regards, Philippe

Offline Skeptic_All

• Prop Captain
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2008, 04:09:09 PM »

That sure sounds incredibly ungrateful.  Thanks David and the Aardvark team for the 757 with winglets.  I's sure the AIG team will put it to good use in their plans. 

Brian S. 

It is not ungrateful, it is a model that was sorely needed, but the circumstances around it are rather strange.  Can one ask questions without being called ungrateful?  Did they just not recently update their 737s?  Why could they not update the B757?  Why did they flat out tell us the source files were lost, but years later, release winglets on the old, not updated model?

Dude.....you didn't merely ask a question.  You flat out accused David and others of lying.  In my book, making those types of statements would hide any appreciation you MAY have been inferring in your original post.

Just my observation, of course.

Offline tini20

• Turbine 2nd Officer
  • ama ut ameris
    • Worldoftraffic (WOT)
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2008, 04:23:24 PM »
I think we have to be thankful that someone has given us a 757-200 with winglets. To stick someone for a model, is not that way in a community. You can criticize if you show that you can make it better.  ;)
Regards Martin
...__ !__
-o-o-( " )-o-o-
-----"" " ""-----

Offline Sloeber

• Senior Captain
  • Get you Sh** and get out!
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2008, 09:38:36 PM »
Well.. As stated on the site, David was clearing out his HD not too long ago, and stumbled upon some pre-release source files of the 757...which then had to be adapted to the needs of the 95%..
Beam me up Scotty, there's no Intelligent life down here!

Offline atco

• AIG Dispatch Painter
  • Command Captain
  • Notepad Ninja
    • ATCO Repaints
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2008, 02:03:34 AM »
Of course the cynical amongst us might wonder why when the HD catastrophe that wiped out the original 757 source files - this thorough search of Mr Rawlins HD might have happened then in order to save the project.

I have to be honest its not the kind of file I would just forget about, especially if I was working in a group on that model and the creator then lost all his files in a HD crash - I think it might spring to the forefront of my mind that, hang on a minute, I have it on my PC.

Still, as everyone says one of the most needed AI models, and certainly my most requested has now appeared and we should all be grateful for that - no matter how dodgy the explanation might be.
Vectors to nowhere, around nobody for no reason

Offline FatboyUK

• Turbine 2nd Officer
  • Im a B.A.d boy...
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2008, 10:38:59 PM »
Can anyone give me, or point me in the direction of, the registrations of Continental 757-200's that actually have winglets? Or is it all of them now? Im using some recently released Summer 2008 plans, but until AIG release them, i'd like to update my plans accordingly.  ;)
Would you like milk and sugar for that?

Offline Juan Botero

• Turbine 1st Officer
  • Avianca
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2008, 11:32:23 PM »
Can anyone give me, or point me in the direction of, the registrations of Continental 757-200's that actually have winglets? Or is it all of them now? Im using some recently released Summer 2008 plans, but until AIG release them, i'd like to update my plans accordingly.  ;)

I believe all of them have the winglets now, but I am not entirely sure.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Offline Mosha

• AIG Honored Members
  • Command Captain
  • AIG Dispatch La-Un, Ranong, Thailand.
    • Alpha India Group
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2008, 01:45:10 AM »
CH-Aviation has them as all winglets.
Regards, Steve

"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Offline M-Sauce

• Command Captain
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2008, 03:22:59 AM »
Definetely not the Aardvark. I'm not saying that it is an AI airplane, but it is definetely not ARD.

The wing fairing is more pronounced and the there is landing light detail where the wing meets the fuse. The leading edges are also sharp, not boxy like the ARD model. The pics also show more complex slotted TE flaps, the ARD only comes with plain flaps.

If it is AI, I can't wait to get it. Judging by the pictures, they've done a pretty good job covering the range of liveries. And the real mistery is from who is it? I'm guesing AI Malcontent.

Mariano  :)
ROG Rampage V Edition 10, Intel Core i7-6850K 4.6GHz (OC & Watercooled)
Corsair VLPX DDR4-3200 64GB , Samsung M2 960 PRO 2TB, SanDisk 1TBx2 (RAID 0)
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC (2xSLI & Watercooled), Asus ROG PG348Q, TM HOTAS Warthog
Caselabs Merlin SM8, Corsair AX1500i, Win 10 Pro 64Bit, P3D Version 4