Author Topic: High-Res / Widescreen Panels?  (Read 627 times)

Offline MidEx216

• Turbine 2nd Officer
High-Res / Widescreen Panels?
« on: October 16, 2009, 10:34:05 AM »
Hey everyone

I recently got a new monitor for my computer. I was focused on photo editing when I got it, but now I realize that it creates issues with my Flight Sim too. All the panels on FS9 are designed for 1024 x 768 panels, or there are a few for 640 x 313. Unfortunately, my monitor is 1600 x 900. Does anyone know where I can procure some panels (both default and add-on) that can fit widescreen and or high-resolution monitors?

Thanks a bunch!

Offline MidEx216

• Turbine 2nd Officer
Re: High-Res / Widescreen Panels?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 08:56:47 AM »
Is there really nobody that has any ideas? Nothing at all?

Offline gvbeek

• Turbine 2nd Officer

Offline geoffco

• Turbine 1st Officer
    • Virtual blue1
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 10:37:43 AM »
If you are doing photo editing then I excepct you'll have some reasonable graphics software.. so in this case, you can do as I did and make your own modified panel to suite whatever screen aspect ratio you have. You just need to do a bit of playing around with the panel.cfg file to add any extra gauges you might need..

Here is mine, it's for a dual-screen setup so obviously a much wider aspect than yours but you see the idea.

Geoff

Offline MidEx216

• Turbine 2nd Officer
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 01:33:32 PM »
gvbeek: ähm, how about not :P

geoffco: you said here is yours...where? If Photoshop counts as reasonable graphics software, yeah. I just don't know if I have the patience to mess around with the cfg. I've been meaning to try some stuff, but never got into it. Is it picky?

Offline MidEx216

• Turbine 2nd Officer
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2009, 03:13:53 PM »
Ok, so I'm gonna try to tackle this, but I wonder, where can I even get the pictures to use? You gave me one..I'm guessing a 737? But what about any of the others? Where can I get these pictures?

Offline geoffco

• Turbine 1st Officer
    • Virtual blue1
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2009, 08:32:07 PM »
..You gave me one..I'm guessing a 737?..

Actually it's a BAe164 - see the original HERE. Also, you probably already have the pictures you need ;) Take the panel you are already using and make the first officer's side by copying and mirroring the appropriate parts of the original panel. Then its a case of editing it to look right and making any changes that are specific to one sied or the other - I used Airliners.net and a bit of "FS licence" for mine. Then for the sides I used parts of the "front right" and "front left" bitmaps.. Finally, work out the difference in pixels between the left edge of the old and new panels so you can change the panel.cfg entires accordingly and then add any extra ones that you want..

Good luck - I spent a long time doing mine but now am very satisfied with the results :)

Geoff