Author Topic: Maybe A Silly Question  (Read 602 times)

Offline AA777

• Prop 1st Officer
Maybe A Silly Question
« on: December 17, 2009, 11:37:22 AM »
Hi All

This may be a silly question but I thought I'd check.

Whilst the AIG flightplans are all truly excellent they all begin with AC#1 etc, whether they're BA, Singapore Airlines or any others, all FP's begin with AC#1, AC#2 etc. My question is this, will this affect any of the AI and their respective Flightplans? or prevent them from showing up even though different airlines are using the same AC#?

Stupid I know but I thought I'd ask?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 02:00:02 PM by AA777 »

Offline Hornets Nest

• Command Captain
Re: Maybe A Silly Question
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 11:51:17 AM »
Hi

It's not a silly question.  Assuming you keep all your traffic bgl's separate for each airline, this causes no problems at all - in fact, it is a positive and something AIG's flight planning team changed to a year ago, I believe.

If you like to have all your flightplans combined in larger traffic bgl's - e.g. you combine Singapore Airlines with Singapore Cargo, then, of course, you must change the numbering in the aircraft.txt and the flightplan.txt files before compiling, as you cannot have 2 x #1 etc. in the same bgl.  If you do, as you suggest, half your AI will not appear.
Best regards

Matthew

Offline DanielDafoe

• Turbine Captain
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 12:45:50 PM »
Is that the case? Or do all your aircraft show up as Cargo or Pax according to what #1 aircraft the compiler found first?
"Terrorism is the war of the poor, war is the terrorism of the rich" - Sir Peter Ustinov.

Offline sprocky

• Command Captain
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 12:56:10 PM »
I think Matthew was referring to the models/repaints. I am not sure ATM but I thought TTools would give an error if you have AC#1 more than once in your a/c.txt..
Jan
WoAI
FF: 1995 - - - 100th flight: 12th November 2010

Offline Hornets Nest

• Command Captain
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 01:07:27 PM »
I also think TTools will give an error, Jan, but am not at home to check it, so did not say so..  ;)
Best regards

Matthew

Offline FMCS

• AIG Honored Members
  • Command Captain
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2009, 01:11:52 PM »
TTools will not give you an error if there is more than one aircraft with the same AC#. within the same BGL file.  That's why I believe ACA2005 or MRAI compiler are extremely useful...especially for those of us that use very large BGL traffic files with multiple airlines!

Frank

Maximilian

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2009, 01:27:20 PM »
..That's why I believe ACA2005 or MRAI compiler are extremely useful...especially for those of us that use very large BGL traffic files with multiple airlines!

Frank

Like you, Frank?  ;)

Offline Mosha

• AIG Honored Members
  • Command Captain
  • AIG Dispatch La-Un, Ranong, Thailand.
    • Alpha India Group
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2009, 01:40:57 PM »
AIS also tells you if an # is used more than once along with the regs.
Regards, Steve

"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Offline FMCS

• AIG Honored Members
  • Command Captain
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2009, 01:48:53 PM »

Like you, Frank?  ;)

8);D ..I don't really have that many BGL's about 35-40 or so. But many of them are very large, a few of them over 60mb! When I decided to re-organize all my AI stuff a few years ago, and ran MRAI compiler and ACA2005 I recall having some 500+ errors from multiple titles to duplicate FP's and yes many entries with the same AC#!..no wonder I always thought that world airline traffic really was a little lite! ::rolleyes:

Frank

Offline AA777

• Prop 1st Officer
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2009, 01:58:47 PM »
Thanks for all the replies

I keep all of my bgl's separate so it shouldn't be an issue (I hope!). I still use the trusty old MRAI compiler for all of my AI and all seems fine in FS9 and FSX.

Maximilian

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2009, 03:07:29 PM »

Like you, Frank?  ;)

8);D ..I don't really have that many BGL's about 35-40 or so. But many of them are very large, a few of them over 60mb! When I decided to re-organize all my AI stuff a few years ago, and ran MRAI compiler and ACA2005 I recall having some 500+ errors from multiple titles to duplicate FP's and yes many entries with the same AC#!..no wonder I always thought that world airline traffic really was a little lite! ::rolleyes:

Frank

I wish my AI was that big as yours, Frank..

One thing that I really likes with your AI, is that you don't need to delete older defunct airlines (I hope you understands what I mean) wich saves you alot of time.. And also that you keep older airlines alive!  ::cheers::