Author Topic: What is the future for BA / GB Airways / EasyJet aircraft?  (Read 788 times)

Offline GHB

• Senior Captain
  • FS9 user only
What is the future for BA / GB Airways / EasyJet aircraft?
« on: April 02, 2008, 04:56:39 PM »
I have just learned on Wikipedia the GB Airways sale to EasyJet with the information that the fleet has gone under EZY colours and FP.

Due date: yesterday.

Any idea of the future? Will they take the BA slots and will we see a new paint soon?

Just curious for our future AI fleet.

;)

G-H
Peter Fechter (1944 - 1962) "Er wollte nur die Freiheit"

Offline FatboyUK

• Turbine 2nd Officer
  • Im a B.A.d boy...
Re: What is the future for BA / GB Airways / EasyJet aircraft?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 10:19:00 PM »
Hey G-H

It all came together the other night, when GB's aircraft positioned to LGW and MAN, we're stripped of all BA branding, fixtures and fittings, reconfigured with more economy seats, and tech logs transferred etc. I gather from what they've told us mere crew, that they will continue to operate both aircraft types in a hybrid scheme (although as I'm based outside of LGW I still haven't seen what scheme they are in), and should be full colours the next time they have heavy maintenance checks. The company will assess the aircraft types in view to purchase in the future.

At the moment, using both terminals at LGW (I believe they are looking at using just one in the future) and have inherited GB's slots, so 1 in 3 aircraft landing or taking off at LGW will be easyJet. Also adding more a/c at MAN to get more presence in the NW of England.
Would you like milk and sugar for that?