Author Topic: United and Continental merger  (Read 810 times)

Offline 33Sierra

• Turbine 2nd Officer
United and Continental merger
« on: November 20, 2010, 01:20:07 AM »
Hello to AIG
I hope I am posting this in the right place.
With the merger of the two airlines, COA and UAL, what flight plans are they going to use.?
Or does this question make sense.?
I do not like the new livery, although I am downloading them as they come out and not using them.
So, I guess my bottom line question is: Since these companies merged, are they going to have one conglomerate flight plan, or, stick to the flight plans for two different airlines.?
This question even confuses me and I am the one that made it up.
If this subject has been covered before, I am sorry.
I have been away from the forum this summer working on a project car that I dearly regret now...
Hindsight is 20/20.
Thanks for any insight
Roger Martin
Living in Kansas City #3 most violent city in America. :reaction:

Offline ReggieF

• Turbine 1st Officer
Re: United and Continental merger
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 03:20:08 AM »
Right now the two main airlines are flying under separate operating certificates.

But we are already seeing schedules consolidated, changed, etc. Regional affiliate airlines are having their contracts modified with new routes and closures of old routes.

I suspect it will be like the Delta / Northwest merger where it will take about two years before there is one schedule, one call sign, one airline.

We might see a consolidated AI schedule before then, but it will be very fluid - subject to change almost weekly.

Offline 33Sierra

• Turbine 2nd Officer
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 12:14:48 PM »
Right now the two main airlines are flying under separate operating certificates.

But we are already seeing schedules consolidated, changed, etc. Regional affiliate airlines are having their contracts modified with new routes and closures of old routes.

I suspect it will be like the Delta / Northwest merger where it will take about two years before there is one schedule, one call sign, one airline.

We might see a consolidated AI schedule before then, but it will be very fluid - subject to change almost weekly.

Hi Reggie
Thank you for the reply. It clears me of updating FPS even though I couldn't update the flight plans, since none are written. Hate to see the merger.
Thanks
Roger

Offline ReggieF

• Turbine 1st Officer
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 01:58:43 PM »
Sometimes I thing that eventually there are going to be only four major airlines in the world - one in the US, one in Europe, one in the Gulf, one in China.

Everything else will be subsidaries of those.

All the aircraft will be painted white with small logos.

It will be much easier for repainters and folks who want reasonably accurate AI.

But B O R I N G

That is why Eastern, PanAm, TWA, Northwest and others still fly in my AI world.

Offline imperialairways

• Prop Captain
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2010, 04:16:59 PM »
So true, Reggie.
And on top of that the variety of aircraft used is getting smaller by the year (Oh look, a plane with two engines, yay). I'm seriously pondering setting up a second FS9 installation, set in a (somewhat fictitious) 1965-80 timeline, if I could just find the time  ::confused::

Offline FMCS

• AIG Honored Members
  • Command Captain
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2010, 04:32:02 PM »

So true, Reggie.
And on top of that the variety of aircraft used is getting smaller by the year (Oh look, a plane with two engines, yay). I'm seriously pondering setting up a second FS9 installation, set in a (somewhat fictitious) 1965-80 timeline, if I could just find the time  ::confused::

Glad to see more people joining the club!!!   ;) Now all we need is a "Retro" department at AIG..  ::urgent::

Frank

Frank

Offline bolli

• Turbine 1st Officer
    • Tinworkx
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2010, 04:55:01 PM »
Isnt that what this is all about?
http://retroai.webatu.com/

Offline FMCS

• AIG Honored Members
  • Command Captain
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2010, 04:57:32 PM »
Isnt that what this is all about?
http://retroai.webatu.com/

It's a great site with lots of goodies. Unfortunately not even close to being a complete resource for all retro setups!

Frank

Offline 33Sierra

• Turbine 2nd Officer
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2010, 06:11:54 AM »
Sometimes I thing that eventually there are going to be only four major airlines in the world - one in the US, one in Europe, one in the Gulf, one in China.

Everything else will be subsidaries of those.

All the aircraft will be painted white with small logos.

It will be much easier for repainters and folks who want reasonably accurate AI.

But B O R I N G

Yep, I agree with you, Reggie. So sad to think that it is going to come to that.
I would even go as far to put money on it. (if I had some)  ::party2::
Seeing airlines go down the tubes is deflating, or depressing. Whatever.
I hated to see Mexicana go down the crap#er.
The new paint scheme was a personal favorite of mine.
I did read recently that in December of 2010, Mexicana hopes to have A319's and A320's flying again. But, the articles I have read do not sound like that Mexicana is going to be like it was by any stretch.
COA and UAL merger is, for me, stomach turning.
We all see where this is headed, one airline per continent.  ::sick::