Author Topic: So many questions.. but I'll start with just a few  (Read 414 times)

Offline dmelia

• Prop 1st Officer
So many questions.. but I'll start with just a few
« on: January 24, 2011, 05:33:18 PM »
I'm new to this AI lark, in-spite of being a veteran and obsessive simmer since FS 5.1. I've downloaded tons of tools and recommended stuff, read loads of documents and forum posts, and dabbled with a few WOAI packages via their installer - which are OK. I THINK I've got me head round the logic of it all  - at a very basic level -  and I understand there are limitations in FS itself which have to be taken into consideration.

Apart from installing or compiling/installing packages made by you guys and others there are one or two things I'd like to try and achieve

1) As a habitual visitor to Manchester (EGCC) aviation viewing park, I have a little booklet they publish called "FlightCheck" containing the full timetable for all movements in and out. As most of my flights start from or end at EGCC, and only last between an 1 to 2.5 hours (otherwise its the divorce courts for this virtual aviator  :-\ ) I would like to try and compile a flight pan with associated A/C repaints, for every flight in the schedule, so perhaps one of you  can give me a few bullet points on what tools to use, what order to create/compile the files in.. etc, or am I re-inventing the wheel?..and..

2) I am a member of a couple of VA's - but my favourite one is entirely fictional and only has 16 pilots. As well as building the flight plans from the published schedule, I would like to convert the "real" aircraft repaints into ones suitable for AI aircraft. Is that possible? Is it even necessary? Again, any tips on how to do it (just a few pointers, don't spend hours writing detailed tutorials) would be most appreciated.

Best Regards

Drew Melia (Snr F/O - Thomson Virtual, Snr Captain - InvictaJet VA
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 05:41:18 PM by dmelia »

Offline Tom C.

• Command Captain
Re: So many questions.. but I'll start with just a few
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 07:47:07 PM »
First off welcome to the forums.

I can answer your first question by pointing you towards the WOAI site http://www.world-of-ai.com/, it has a handy function at the top of the main page called WOAI Airports.
This will give you a full listing of all AI packages covered by WOAI that use EGCC http://www.world-of-ai.com/airports.php

This will set you up with a reasonably good coverage of AI there, but with a little searching around the net, you will find more and more that use EGCC.

Warning though, it get's addictive as hell once you start, so the Divorce courts could well call even if your not flying  ::evilgrin:: :D

Hope this helps a bit on this point, if you need further help, please search the AIG forums for ideas, then if you can't find it, post in the correct area of the forum (as you have seen we have many areas) and help will surely follow.

Tom C.

Veni,           Vidi,        Velcro  
I came,      I saw,    I stuck around...

Once upon a time AFCAD developer!

Offline dmelia

• Prop 1st Officer
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 05:37:39 PM »
Well, Thank you Tom.. I followed the link you posted and sure enough the AI traffic for EGCC already published is pretty well exhaustive, so thank you very much!  ::cheers:: I probably need to mod the Emirates package and replace the T7 with the A380 - but first I have to chat with Gary at UK2000 to see if he's published a patch to include the new jetways and parking for the A380  ;D I'll let that single modification be my introduction to the world of AI addiction - I should get away with that one -she was looking over my shoulder the other day and was very disappointed not to see her parked there - she was with me at the viewing park for the inaugrial arrival/departure last September - and accompanied me on the Concorde Technical tour - which, surprisingly, she loved - even bought me the Haynes BAC Concorde Manual for Christmas!!!

So fingers crossed, I'll get away with it!!!  ::happy::

Cheers, ears.. I'll keep you posted!

Drew M

Offline gapeters

• Command Captain
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 06:36:25 PM »
Gary is working on a EGCC update for the 380 gates and a few other things...

http://www.uk2000scenery.org/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=9462bfecbab6ae297dc69182befcc4f0&topic=6399.0

Greg

Offline dmelia

• Prop 1st Officer
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 01:53:14 PM »
Well... it took me hours.. but it mighta worked!!

I decompiled the flightpan file for emirates, and added a row..

AC#1000,A6-EDF,1%,WEEK,IFR,1/03:54:40,@1/11:45:56,340,F,0017,EGCC,1/14:09:54,@1/21:55:01,370,F,0018,OMDB

and re-compiled it - thankfully it overwrote the original - another question answered..

Checking in ACA2005/flightplans I could see...

5   OMDB   Dubai Intl / Dubai   EGCC   Manchester / Manchester   1/03:54:40   @1/11:45:56   0017   340
5   EGCC   Manchester / Manchester   OMDB   Dubai Intl / Dubai   1/14:09:54   @1/21:55:01   0018   370

At first I couldn't see her, but then cottoned on to the fact that the 1/ in the DEP/ARR time fields might mean "Monday" so I changed my date/time in FS to 11:35, Monday 24th and...

Woo Hoo! You're right this is addictive!!! So.. two more questions..

1) how do I get it to arrive every day? get rid of the 1/ in the DEP/ARR times?
2) how do I assign her to a specific gate?
3) in ACA2005 - I can see my schedule in flight plans, but not Timetables - this is with UK2000 Manchester extreme. Any ideas?

Drew Melia - Oh and thank you, thank you for all your assistance! Brilliant!