Main Menu

[Announcement] AIG AI Manager - One Click Installer

Started by Kaiii3, November 16, 2018, 10:17:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaiii3

Hey Guys,

some of you might have saw on our new Homepage that we are working on something new! If not here ist the link: https://www.alpha-india.net/2018/11/13/aig-ai-manager-one-click-installer/

If you have any comment or question feel free to post ;)

vadriver

team

sounds interesting ... though given I swapped from WOAI to AIFP given the later's "flexibility" to limit traffic files to regions flown, to mix payware & freeware liveries models, and to check aircraft.cfg during install.

whichever, i'm sure it will be of benefit to "those who might otherwise use commercial AI engines" particularly if it is updated as often as AIFP can be.

cheers
john
cheers
john

Kaiii3

Quote from: vadriver on November 16, 2018, 09:46:03 PM
team

sounds interesting . though given I swapped from WOAI to AIFP given the later's "flexibility" to limit traffic files to regions flown, to mix payware & freeware liveries models, and to check aircraft.cfg during install.

whichever, i'm sure it will be of benefit to "those who might otherwise use commercial AI engines" particularly if it is updated as often as AIFP can be.

cheers
john

I hope I have understand you correct:

AIGAIM - OCI will give you following features:

• Select the FPs you want, so you can select fps for the region you want
  • You can chose between payware and freeware models during installation, if the repaint is online for both models
  • AIGAIM-OCI will be installed into a separate Addon, therefore it is not recommended to change anything inside this folder, manual editing of .cfg included
  • AIFP is a compiler that features stuff to download and install things. AIGAIM OCI has direct access to all AIG flightplans and will do all this stuff with one single command by the user. Sou you are much faster then using AIFP.
  • AGAIM-OCI will you inform as soon as a local flightplan on your system is outdated and a new season fp is online by AIG, one click later you will have all new paints/models/the new BGL on your system and the old BGL removed, incl. not used fltsim entries

johnny19

Stupid question, but since i have over several Gbs of AI planes, both freeware and payware, can a program use the data that is already on disk?

alpet

What about potential customisation of default options set in your tool? I mean for example that I use 3-digits code to name my texture folders rather than using "default" names provided by painters, as well as I usually rename different lines in fltsim.cfg to make all them "standard" and avoid all these Airbus 320, Airbus A320, A320-200 (i.e. different names of the model in a single folder) etc in the system.

Kaiii3

Quote from: johnny19 on November 17, 2018, 01:23:46 PM
Stupid question, but since i have over several Gbs of AI planes, both freeware and payware, can a program use the data that is already on disk?

no, it will use its own files, but if you install a new flightplan with OCI, you can (or the tool will do it for you) remove the old BGL and fltsim-entries/texture folder.

Kaiii3

Quote from: alpet on November 17, 2018, 01:27:44 PM
What about potential customisation of default options set in your tool? I mean for example that I use 3-digits code to name my texture folders rather than using "default" names provided by painters, as well as I usually rename different lines in fltsim.cfg to make all them "standard" and avoid all these Airbus 320, Airbus A320, A320-200 (i.e. different names of the model in a single folder) etc in the system.

the tool will not do anything to your own local AI Setup. It will create a own "AI environment" with SimObjects/BGLs/etc.

johanfrc

Personally I see this program as a substitute or replacement for WOAI. But the main difference is that OCI will update your flightplans and repaints, which WOAI couldn't.

If you want total control over your AI, then just use AIFP. The plans will still be fully functional with AIFP, so nothing is lost, just because OCI comes around. You can still do as you have done until now, and leave OCI.
Regards

Johan Clausen

Kaiii3

Quote from: johanfrc on November 17, 2018, 01:50:19 PM
Personally I see this program as a substitute or replacement for WOAI. But the main difference is that OCI will update your flightplans and repaints, which WOAI couldn't.

If you want total control over your AI, then just use AIFP. The plans will still be fully functional with AIFP, so nothing is lost, just because OCI comes around. You can still do as you have done until now, and leave OCI.

that's correct. OCI will feature some more functionality, since we are in our own environment - We will explain that some point later

sharklet_a319

To give a little example:

• OCI is able to deal with the payware models by FSP as well as with the converted freeware models
  • OCI installs automatically the texture along with the correct lightmap for converted models (if available)
  • OCI automatically converts models like the AIM CR2 or ERJ series incl dynamic lights
  • OCI creates it's own fltsim entries 95% independ from the the one in the repaint
  • OCI uses a clean structur for model and texture folders
  • OCI has a bulk installation feature allowing to install multiple flightplans at once

Frontier

Quote from: sharklet_a319 on November 17, 2018, 02:28:33 PM
  • OCI automaticlly converts models like the AIM CR2 or ERJ series incl dynamic lights
That's a feature I would be interested in. :)
'Every year donkeys and mules kill more people than plane crashes'

"What's next?" Check my Dispatch Status List!

Visit The Flying Carpet Hub for more flightplans and repaints

Kaiii3

here some parts of the log file of the latest test run:

Log Entry : 16:31:17 Samstag, 17. November 2018
  :
  :Start Bulk OCI
-------------------------------
Added: Aeromexico
Added: Aeromar
Added: Aeroflot
Added: AeromexicoConnect
Added: AigleAzur
Added: AirAlgerie
Added: AirArabiaEgypt
Added: AirAstana
Added: AirAustral
Added: AirBurkina
Added: AirCairo
Added: AirChina
Added: AirChinaCargo
Added: AircompanyArmenia
Added: AirCorsica
Added: AirDo
Added: AirDolomiti

Log Entry : 16:51:50 Samstag, 17. November 2018
  :
  :Installed new Plan: Air Dolomiti 2018 Summer
-------------------------------

In this 20 Minutes OCI has downloaded all needed models/aircraft.cfg/.air files and all needed Repaints and installed them.

Jhambly

This sounds good.
1. Will it delete unused cfg entries and unused textures when it updates flightplans?
2. How will it handle flightplans where either models or textures currently unavailable - the ones that show up in red in AIFP?
3. As it is for P3Dv4, there will be no DXT3 textures installed that later have to be manually converted?

johanfrc

DXT3 will work fine in P3Dv4. It's just because we are getting used to see DXT1 or DXT5 files only. But that doesn't mean DXT3 won't work.

But that could be a nice addition to get some sort of converter that converts a paint from i.e. 32-bit or DXT3 BMP  to DXT5 DDS.
Regards

Johan Clausen

Kaiii3

Quote from: Jhambly on November 18, 2018, 05:08:46 PM
1. Will it delete unused cfg entries and unused textures when it updates flightplans?

Yes it will

Quote from: Jhambly on November 18, 2018, 05:08:46 PM
2. How will it handle flightplans where either models or textures currently unavailable - the ones that show up in red in AIFP?

You will not have a unassigned AC-Title after an OCI installation. How we do that, will be announced later.

Quote from: johanfrc on November 18, 2018, 05:21:06 PM
But that could be a nice addition to get some sort of converter that converts a paint from i.e. 32-bit or DXT3 BMP  to DXT5 DDS.

We thought about that, and are currently awaiting a response from Lookhead Martin