Main Menu

Suggestion for the AI Manager

Started by Tino, December 16, 2018, 07:23:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tino

Good morning,

Loving the program so far. It makes it very easy to install everything. One thing I did notice that I would find helpful is, the ability to install a repaint for a separate model when it comes available.

For example:

I use all the FSP models. Some flight plans install the TFS version, (i'm guessing), since the repaint for the FSP model wasn't available when the flight plan was created. Since they are available now, it would be nice to go back and swap repaint\models.. Currently, there's no way of doing that. Even when installing it, it doesn't give us an option to choose a different livery within the drop down.

Great work so far, I'm really enjoying it.

Thanks very much for all the hard work to make this happen.

Cheers.

Kaiii3

All information for OCI are stored in the aig.xml so this file needs to be updated every time a new repaint is released, this takes some time and the flightplaners are focusing their time on new flightplans. The next time this Flightplan will be released the repaint will be included. In some cases (when a huge update of repaints is released a new file will be released - see Alaska this season).

OCI is not about modifying your Sim in the most realistic way, OCI is bringing the AI experience on a base level to the users - everyone who wants more need to it manually.

Tino

Quote from: Kaiii3 on December 16, 2018, 07:31:58 PM
All information for OCI are stored in the aig.xml so this file needs to be updated every time a new repaint is released, this takes some time and the flightplaners are focusing their time on new flightplans. The next time this Flightplan will be released the repaint will be included. In some cases (when a huge update of repaints is released a new file will be released - see Alaska this season).

OCI is not about modifying your Sim in the most realistic way, OCI is bringing the AI experience on a base level to the users - everyone who wants more need to it manually.

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate the information.  :)

sharklet_a319

Any particular flightplan you are refferring to?

duckbilled

Maybe we need a separate wish list thread? IDK, put I'll piggyback on the OP's thread for now.

Also loving the program. It really is a game changer.

I'd love to see the logic around the freeware only option tweak to say "freeware only unless no freeware option is available".

In short, if there is a freeware available and it is a FSX/P3DV4 model, I want it unless no other option is available except to purchase the FSP stuff. I'm open to payware if there are no other options, but I don't like having to deal with the dialogue if there are freeware options.

BTW, I did end up buying the FSP 737Max today - kudos to the way you integrated the purchase and install.
Windows 10 Pro; P3DV4, ASP4, REXSF, AIGAIM, ProATCx, GSX

I9-9900k @ 5.0; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus Strix GTX 1080ti; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, Single 32" 4k Monitor

Tino

Quote from: sharklet_a319 on December 16, 2018, 07:52:37 PM
Any particular flightplan you are refferring to?

I will have to check but, I remember All Nippon Airways Fleet having all FSP 77W's except for BB-8 livery. BB-8 ended up being TFS. There was a repaint for the FSP model on avsim.

Cheers.

sharklet_a319

Thanks for the input and compliments - you are welcome

@Tino: OK this is something the user have to deal with: the flightplan author decides which paints will be included and which paints not (in this case me) - similiar like we handled it in the aifp.cfg files before. Only recommented paints are available for installation since we want to fullfill the the high quality standards in the flightplans.

So it could be the case that we recommend a TFS paint even if there is some 3rd party paint available for FSP..

@duckbilled: We already have a concept in the backhead to setup which payware models to use and which not. But realisation will take some time  :)
Main focus is currently bugfixing so we can get the program running stable on the systems around.

Tino

Quote from: sharklet_a319 on December 17, 2018, 07:11:46 AM
Thanks for the input and compliments - you are welcome

@Tino: OK this is something the user have to deal with: the flightplan author decides which paints will be included and which paints not (in this case me) - similiar like we handled it in the aifp.cfg files before. Only recommented paints are available for installation since we want to fullfill the the high quality standards in the flightplans.

So it could be the case that we recommend a TFS paint even if there is some 3rd party paint available for FSP..

Thanks for the information, Chris!