Main Menu

Some feedback

Started by Tirithon, January 17, 2019, 08:50:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tirithon

Hey guys,

I hope you guys don't mind me posting some feedback from using OCI. It's a great little programme for people like me who no longer have time to keep their traffic up-to-date manually.

• Sorting the datagrid in the main window on anything else than "Airline" displays the airlines in a seemingly random order within the sorting which makes it difficult to find something. The sorting should be changed so that sorting happens on the selected column first and then alphabetically on airline title (or selected column -> author -> airline to be consistent with the default sorting?).
  • The datagrids in the "Flightplan Viewer", "Unassigned Online Flightplans" and "Missing Airports" windows can't be sorted (intentionally?)
  • The OCI-Only checkbox at the bottom doesn't seem to do anything. Searching for an airline with the box ticked will still show all results. The other checkboxes are disabled, but I can't find anything about their use or how to enable them in the manual.
  • In OCI, if downloading a file takes a while, the window shows as "Not Responding" which gives the impression that the programme is stuck. Downloading should be done asynchronously to avoid the main thread from getting blocked.
  • After downloading a replacement, the "Replacements" listbox still shows the available replacements for the airline that was just updated (clear the replacements list after installation)
  • The "Renumber [Fltsim.x]-Sections" button should open a dialog that explains that ALL aircraft.cfg files will be affected and ask confirmation. I didn't expect something that changes and creates hundreds of files throughout my system (even for default and flyable aircraft) to fire immediately without any warning.
  • The plural form of aircraft is misspelled as "aircrafts" throughout the programme and in the manual

I'll let you know if I have anything else.

Thanks again for all your hard work. It's very much appreciated.

Kaiii3

feedback is always good :)

1) Will be added

2) Its intentionally for the moment

3) Only the text-box is currently active, all other checkboxes are still WIP

4) We had some troubles with async downloads, and have therefore moved to sync downloads. I will check if moving back to async is working now

5) will be fixed

6) ok, thanks for the feedback

7) thanks for finding that one ::ashamed::

Tirithon

Thanks Kai!

I don't know if you have an online git repository that you keep up-to-date, but I'd be happy to add anything I find to the issue tracker or create a pull request to help you out.

Kaiii3

We are working in Visual Studio online, but you can send me a list with all stuff you habe found ;) I will add them our internal todo list