Main Menu

AIG and UT Live

Started by Hazza, April 06, 2019, 11:41:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hazza

Hi,
Must be getting old and going blind (or maybe there's another reason??) and posted this Suggestion in another Forum bacause I didn't see this Suggestion Forum :-[

So I have copied my suggestion to here with some edits ;D

I have used your excellent AIG-AI Manger to download AI Aircraft to use with UTLive. For the aircraft to be detected and usable in UTLive they require the following entries in aircraft.cfg
ui_manufacturer=
ui_type=
ui_variation=

Currently only ui_type= is present in your aircraft.cfg. So I have begun the (long) task of adding and filling in the other fields. However, I had a thought this morning that when updates are done I will lose all that work :nuke:

So my question/suggestion is - are you able to add and fill out these entries - PLEASE??

unc1rlm

I had commented and then saw your other post about this same issue so I edited it out.
Good luck with UTL,
Enjoy the day!!

BobM.
BobM.

duckbilled

I had originally though about assigning the paints to UTL months ago, but I found the same issue. In the end, I decided to just use AIGAIM and forget about UTL. I still have it installed, because there are some airlines that AIG doesn't have yet that I want installed, but I only activate those airlines in UTL. The rest are deactivated.
Windows 10 Pro; P3DV4, ASP4, REXSF, AIGAIM, ProATCx, GSX

I9-9900k @ 5.0; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus Strix GTX 1080ti; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, Single 32" 4k Monitor

Dave YVRATC

And you are really far better off by doing so. AIG's traffic is like the full-on custom train set that I think many of us probably thought as awesome when we were younger. UTL in comparison is like the figure 8 and TG would be like the oval (thats missing a couple of pieces)  ;). Head and shoulders above the others. Well done to all involved.

iCatchMyOwnSquid

Quote from: Hazza on April 06, 2019, 11:41:56 AM
Hi,
Must be getting old and going blind (or maybe there's another reason??) and posted this Suggestion in another Forum bacause I didn't see this Suggestion Forum :-[

So I have copied my suggestion to here with some edits ;D

I have used your excellent AIG-AI Manger to download AI Aircraft to use with UTLive. For the aircraft to be detected and usable in UTLive they require the following entries in aircraft.cfg
ui_manufacturer=
ui_type=
ui_variation=

Currently only ui_type= is present in your aircraft.cfg. So I have begun the (long) task of adding and filling in the other fields. However, I had a thought this morning that when updates are done I will lose all that work :nuke:

So my question/suggestion is - are you able to add and fill out these entries - PLEASE??

I am using some models/repaints from AIM in UTL. I have written a script in nodejs to add the needed config entries. After downloading a new package via AIM, I disable the bgl traffic file, run my script and then hand assign via UTL tool. It's still a bit manual, but not having to update the config files by hand is a huge help. I almost moved off of UTL, but traffic injection is superior to bgl IMO. UTL gives us the ability to really fine tune the number of aircraft around us in the sim - my performance was really taking a hard hit just using AIM. AI-CULL or FSUIPC traffic limiter with AIM still can't do as good a job as UTL the way things currently stand. If there is any interest I can see about bundling up an executable for this script.

DPetitme

You can directly assign the AIGAIM aircrafts to UTL using AI2UTL.exe. After that, using UTL_FP.exe, you can complete the assignment if some aircrafts are missing without using ui_manufacturer nor ui_variation.
Regards
Denis