Main Menu

AIFP and AIGM OCI find different sets of unused titles

Started by jabloomf1230, May 08, 2019, 05:19:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jabloomf1230

I usually use AIFP to check for unused AI titles and then delete them. Today I tried using the same option with AIGM OCI (most recent beta) and the latter finds a few (<25) more unused titles than AIFP. The discrepancy has no pattern to it and I am in the process of checking to see which app is correct. I'm also going to check with ACA 2017, although the most recent beta still has issues with reading relative paths.

You might want to check this out on your end also. AI Aircraft Editor show no errors in any of the installed models/titles, so I don't think that it's caused by a typo in any of the aircraft.cfg files.

Kaiii3

relative paths are currently not fully supported but we are working on that, this might cause the "high" number of unused titles

jabloomf1230

Thanks Kai. My comment about relative paths was regarding ACA 2017. But I digress.

Does that mean that if I have relative paths for  the location of either traffic files or SimObjects aircraft, that AIG OCI won't work correctly? Or is it just the AIGM OCI fltsim error checking tab that doesn't recognize relative paths?

Kaiii3

Quote from: jabloomf1230 on May 09, 2019, 01:14:32 AM
Thanks Kai. My comment about relative paths was regarding ACA 2017. But I digress.

Does that mean that if I have relative paths for  the location of either traffic files or SimObjects aircraft, that AIG OCI won't work correctly? Or is it just the AIGM OCI fltsim error checking tab that doesn't recognize relative paths?

AIM cna handle relative paths when they are in the simobject or scenery cfg. relative paths inside an XML are curerntly not supported, but are on my todo list

jabloomf1230

Okay, thanks. I don't think that I have any relative paths inside an add-on.xml file, but I will check and fix any.

jabloomf1230

Kaii3,

Quote0.9.2.3
Major Bugfix: unused Fltsim function removing too many entries

Remember this thread? AIFP is accurate about unused titles, so the discrepancy with AIGFM OCI is not a new issue. At least its fixed.

Kaiii3

the bug fix was for OCI only and not the general removal function, I am still trying to improve it