Main Menu

AI Aircraft CFG Suggestion

Started by Tino, July 24, 2019, 06:02:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tino

Good evening all,

I had a suggestion regarding the ui_type fields on each repaint, as well as the "atc_model" under the general section of each ai aircraft cfg. Currently, these values can vary and and not accurate with real world ICAO codes.

For example, for the AIM CRJ200, the "atc_model" is listed as CRJ200, When it should be listed as "CRJ2". This helps ensure all aircraft codes are corresponding with ICAO types.

[General]
atc_type=Canadair
atc_model=CRJ200

As for each repaint, the "atc_model" aircraft code should be the same in the "ui_type" line. So If a repaint were to be installed, each one follows the correct code.

Here is an example of one airline installed for AIM CRJ2:

[fltsim.0]
title=AIGAIM_Yamal Airlines Bombardier CRJ-200
sim=AIM CRJ-200
model=
texture=LLM-Yamal Airlines
atc_airline=YAMAL
atc_parking_types=GATE
atc_parking_codes=LLM
ui_type=Bombardier CRJ-200
description=AIM_CRJ-200(p3dv4)

The ui_type field is listed as "Bombardier CRJ-200". I know this is set initially by the painter. Even if it can't be fixed, is there a way to allow us to change this within AI Manager?

Thanks for your time.

Tino

I forgot to add:

I tried changing it manually as a test, to see if it would overwrite my edits. Here's is what I did:

I opened the FSPXAI B777-300ER CFG, and replaced the "ui_type" to "B77W".

I went to open AI Manager and uninstall a flightplan that uses that aircraft. In this case, I chose Air Canada.

I Uninstalled it, along with the repaints and flightsim entries. Upon trying to re-install, AI Manager froze and deleted everything and reset all folder back to default without warning. I am now having to re-download all packages again.

I'm most likely doing it very wrong by doing it that way, hence why I wanted to suggest this feature (if it's there already, I apologize for my ignorance).

Thank you.

johanfrc

There is a great program, AI Aircraft Editor.net that allows you to change the ui_type for each aircraft.cfg in one go.

Being a painter for quite some time now I know that there have been multiple attempts to try to streamline these different lines. But not successfully at all. It's always ended up that the repainter does whAt he have always done; keeping it as before.

But this is the first time I've heard that ui_type and atc_model is connected. I have never had any problems. But okay. I'm not listening to ATC that much anymore.
Regards

Johan Clausen

Kaiii3

AIM is supporting all keys for a lftsim entry, unless it has been installed with OCI. All OCI paints are installed with a very basic fltsims to reduce the filesize.

We will add the atcmodel tonour database so the general sections will be updates. The UI Model is used for UIStuff so we decided to keep the longname in there for better reading.

What die you mein with reset folders, tue OCI folders?

Tino

Quote from: johanfrc on July 24, 2019, 08:20:20 AM
There is a great program, AI Aircraft Editor.net that allows you to change the ui_type for each aircraft.cfg in one go.

Being a painter for quite some time now I know that there have been multiple attempts to try to streamline these different lines. But not successfully at all. It's always ended up that the repainter does whAt he have always done; keeping it as before.

But this is the first time I've heard that ui_type and atc_model is connected. I have never had any problems. But okay. I'm not listening to ATC that much anymore.

This is more for programs that search for the ICAO code for each repaint. I don't listen to ATC either.

Tino

Quote from: Kaiii3 on July 24, 2019, 08:24:06 AM
AIM is supporting all keys for a lftsim entry, unless it has been installed with OCI. All OCI paints are installed with a very basic fltsims to reduce the filesize.

We will add the atcmodel tonour database so the general sections will be updates. The UI Model is used for UIStuff so we decided to keep the longname in there for better reading.

What die you mein with reset folders, tue OCI folders?

Thanks Kai,

Not sure what happen but, All repaints, flightplans, scripts, textures, effects were deleted from the AIGAIM - OCI folder out of nowhere. I am currently re-downloading everything again.

Follow the steps I mentioned above and I bet it will happen. (Save your whole AIGAIM - OCI directory though!)

Go into your FSP B77W folder, change ui_Type to B77W. Save. Open OCI and uninstall the Air Canada flight plan with it's repaints. Go install Air Canada again, boom. Freezes and prompts me to setup OCI again (As it does when you initially install the program. It asks for P3D directory, setup imagetool.exe, etc).

Sorry If it's hard to understand. I can try making a video of it.

Kaiii3

we will run some tests on our test-systems.

BTW: why did you change something in the OCI direcory? There is a big information to not change anything in that directory ;)

Tino

Quote from: Kaiii3 on July 24, 2019, 02:54:05 PM
we will run some tests on our test-systems.

BTW: why did you change something in the OCI direcory? There is a big information to not change anything in that directory ;)

Was trying to correct the ui_type and Aircraft_types as mentioned above. I know nothing should be changed in that directory. I was doing it as a test. Just thought I'd let you know.

Kaiii3

i am still not sure why you wanted to change the ui_type? As said it is only for user-interfaces, any tool relaying on it for ICAO codes is using it wrong, the ICAO is only used in the atc_model of the general section ::confused::

Tino

Quote from: Kaiii3 on July 24, 2019, 03:29:51 PM
i am still not sure why you wanted to change the ui_type? As said it is only for user-interfaces, any tool relaying on it for ICAO codes is using it wrong, the ICAO is only used in the atc_model of the general section ::confused::

I didn't know that. I thought it would depend on each repaint or (ui_type). So I guess just changing the atc_model is all that's needed.

Is there a way to change the atc_model within OCI? I would like to use both OCI and PSX from the same folder. Since I install my own custom repaints\flightplans as well. I switch between ai flightplans and PSX on occasion. PSX requires the correct atc_model to be listed. (ex. The FSP B777-300ER is listed as B773, which is incorrect. Should be B77W. The B773 is the non-er version of the 300). There are a couple of other aircraft that need to be changed as well. (CRJ's, ERJ's, etc).

Sorry if this is an unrealistic suggestion. I just wanted to know if there was a way to change these values without affecting OCI at all.

Kaiii3

we will update our database to have the correct values, so far we just use the values provided by the model developer. If you can provide us with all mismatches we can upload this database update within the next days :)

johanfrc

From what I know the ui_type is only for one thing:
From the SDK for P3D:
"ui_type: This value identifies the type sub-category used to group aircraft in the Select Vehicle dialog in Prepar3D."

"atc_model: This is the specific aircraft model that the ATC system recognizes for this type of aircraft."

So they don't have any connection at all.
Regards

Johan Clausen

Kaiii3

Quote from: johanfrc on July 24, 2019, 05:24:03 PM
From what I know the ui_type is only for one thing:
From the SDK for P3D:
"ui_type: This value identifies the type sub-category used to group aircraft in the Select Vehicle dialog in Prepar3D."

"atc_model: This is the specific aircraft model that the ATC system recognizes for this type of aircraft."

So they don't have any connection at all.

thats true, UI_Type is also used for the View-Menu of the AI Aircrafts

Tino

Quote from: Kaiii3 on July 24, 2019, 05:19:07 PM
we will update our database to have the correct values, so far we just use the values provided by the model developer. If you can provide us with all mismatches we can upload this database update within the next days :)

That is awesome, thanks very much Kai! I will post all the mismatches with corrected values shortly.

Cheers!

johanfrc

I guess that will be a huge work to find all. But it's worth it.

Thankfully it's quite easy to find the correct ICAO codes for the different aircraft types:
https://www.icao.int/publications/DOC8643/Pages/Search.aspx
Regards

Johan Clausen