Main Menu

Missing/wrong callsigns

Started by ha5mvo, July 27, 2019, 08:01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ha5mvo

There are quite a few airlines which do not have a matching entry in airlines.cfg (e.g Ernest) or the entry is wrong (e.g rossiya vs Russia or elal vs el al)
Is it possible to generate report of missing callsigns? I believe its just a simple comparison of airline_atc against the entries in airline.cfg
thanks
//Mike

johanfrc

Use EditVoicePack XL. There you can get a report and also add and make your own callsign. And you can update the airline.cfg too. But updating that file won't solve the problem with callsign not being said by the default ATC.

The EVP XL is 15$ or so. But you get free updates.
Regards

Johan Clausen

ha5mvo

I do have EVP. The problem is, that EVP doesn't pick up its "missing telephony" (or whatever its called) if there are several packages of additional AI - which is the case for me.
I have UTL, FLAi and a big package of my own collection, in addition to the AIG-AIM list of ai aircraft. all in 4 separate folders.
EVP, although allegedly should, won't pick up all 4 of those lists

johanfrc

Strange. It does pic up all missing callsigns for me. Both the default folder and my AI which is on a separate folder and drive. And it's working just perfect.

Maybe it's not just used to have so many entries?
Regards

Johan Clausen

BruceN

You need the latest version 5.5.22 of EVP XL for callsigns across multiple folders to be located.

ha5mvo

Mine is 6.0.1 actually (its the latest AFAIK).

I think it only sees the lists that have an entry in addon.cfg (not the xml). Check for yourself, does it flag Rossiya as missing? (it's Russia in airlines.cfg)