Main Menu

Redesign

Started by Konkorol, December 27, 2020, 09:44:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Konkorol

AIG-OCI is a great piece of software, and a tool, that every AI interested Simmer was waiting for - definitely! Thanks for this.

But it looks, due to the growing complexity it's time to use the opportunity for a redesign, Windows-compliant standards and modular structure. The startup time is e.g. in my installation out of question, up to 45 minutes! And it's not a slow system, and the complete sim world is on two fast NVMe's, 32GB RAM...

Let's say divide into sensible individual modules with a user interface like a dashboard, where one can select the desired function. A complete error check does not always have to be carried out, and a complete scan of all installed add-ons, flight plans and simobjects does not have to be performed always.

Just my two cents, to keep the program manageable and usable.

Love It, Change It or Leave It.
It's just fine the way it is...
Dieter / HankyPanky

Kaiii3

yeah, rework of cache is on the todo list. Can you send me the log of your startup so I can see whats actual taking so long?

No checks are actual perfomred on startup.

1) Loading Airports, when possible from cache
2) Loading SimObjects
3) Loading Flightplans
4) Merge SimObjects, Flightplans and Airports
5) Load Online Data

Konkorol

Kai, that's not the point. I wasn't asking for help or support.

It's just a suggestion, with view on upcoming enhancements and extensions.
Dieter / HankyPanky

Kaiii3

yeah I know, I just need to understand why it is staking so long on your system, so I can design something faster ;)

Konkorol

Ok, I see  ;) It's a complex setup of some 1.000 sceneries, an individual AI traffic with GA, Biz, Pax, Cargo, Mil, MAIW, and fulfilled with AIM-OCI.

Most of the time is spent on collecting simObjects (my own with 300 AC and 20.000 paints, AIM-OCI, MAIW Matrix), collecting Flightplans (my own AI is bundled in six large traffic BGLs), and at least the data merge, which takes the longest.

The sim itself is completely separated on it's own NVMe, everything else on anpther NVMe.

Oh, and not to forget OrbX.. Base, Vector, Trees, Airports, LC.
Dieter / HankyPanky

Kaiii3

ok, i guess witht he planed "exclude from AIM" options this can be solved ;) No date yet on this feature but it is actual quite high on priority

Starway366

Quote from: Kaiii3 on December 30, 2020, 08:30:16 AM
ok, i guess witht he planed "exclude from AIM" options this can be solved ;) No date yet on this feature but it is actual quite high on priority
Good news  ::thumbsup::

Konkorol

Agree, that sounds good Kai  ::party:: Take your time.

And - just as an alternative-, instead of another overall option one has to have in his mind, splitting of features into modules maybe do the same  8)

Happy new year!
Dieter / HankyPanky