Main Menu

[SOLVED] AI Traffic disappears after about 30 seconds in sim

Started by stratoboomer, March 04, 2021, 01:52:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stratoboomer

First off, I want to thank AIG for their hard work! It makes it more enjoyable!

I have had OCI traffic installed in P3Dv5.1 and it has worked fine...I had to step away from the sim for a few months, but yesterday when I tried to fly, I noticed the ai would disappear after the scenario would load. I know they loaded because I saw them parked but after about 20 seconds, ALL ai traffic disappears at the same time...When checking AI Companion, it shows zero flights on the ground or airborne. I have updated my OCI and I do not see any errors in the log files. (Attached)

I'm stumped. Can someone look at my logs and see if I am missing some blaring error?  ::urgent::

Thanks in advance!

Stratoboomer
Bruce Leehan

Kaiii3

if the traffic is in the sim and then removed it is likely some external tool that removes it.

stratoboomer

I don't remember installing anything new.

Thanks for the help, that gives me some direction to look..

Stratoboomer
Bruce Leehan

stratoboomer

I have not found any FS9 traffic scenery or found any tools or utilities that do traffic limiting...I have FSUIPC traffic limiter turned off, and nothing else opens and runs. I did re-enable the stock trafficaircraft.bgl in the sim and it does the exact same thing. The stock traffic loads, then within a few seconds all disappears. This just sucks because I don't know where else to look. I am using Prepar3d v5.1. Any other ideas?
Thanks in advance!

Stratoboomer
Bruce Leehan

johnboy

I am having a similar problem. Have followed the install instructions to the letter. I start P3Dv4.5 and the aircraft show for a second then disappear and keep doing this. I have UK2000 scenery installed. It is very frustrating, I would uninstall and reinstall but there is no uninstall file to do this and not sure how to do it manually. Any help would be gratefully received thanks
John Walker

Kaiii3

if the aircraft do appar in the Sim, there is no problem in AIM. This behaviour must be related to some other tool

johnboy

OK Thanks
I have a lot of installed stuff so I am at a loss how to find the problem. Will uninstall AIG and see if i can find something else. Thanks for the help
John Walker

Kaiii3

1) is your traffic BGL based or AIGFP?
2) Are you running any other tools while flying?

johnboy

I have AIG set to AIGFP. There is no Traffic BGL in P3D>world scenery at all just the boats and carriers

I do run AS weather, Orbx tools, UK2000 Airports and some other stuff but just using P3Dv4.5 based at UK2000 EGBB and AIG while I set it up.

John Walker

Kaiii3

try set you internal AI settings to 100%, since you are using AIGFP I guess you have AIG Traffic Controller running?

johnboy

Yes I have Traffic controller running and internal traffic set to 100%

Kaiii3

Quote from: johnboy on April 15, 2021, 06:49:17 PM
Yes I have Traffic controller running and internal traffic set to 100%

ok I will move this to AIGTC support now - it is for sure no AIM problem ;D Please upload your AIGTC logs so O can check if it is related to it

emersonbattle

Is anyone else still having this problem and/or looking into it's cause??

I think I have the same problem, but I've never been a fan of running an external AI traffic tool, so I don't use AIGTC. But I still have the problem described above. After a few seconds maybe 5 aircraft will come back, but the full complement of aircraft will not return unless I change the time or airport. Then they often delete again after 30 seconds or so. :-(

I'm actually wondering if it's a performance problem with P3Dv5 itself.

Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions to help resolve this? Would it possibly help if I DID use AIGTC???

JRR

I ran into the same problems recently, but I think I've found the culprit (after some hours troubleshooting) and it's called FSUIPC!

I wanted to do some virtual spotting on a smaller airport (EHEH) between two very bussy airports (EHAM & EBBR). I've loaded up the scenario, the AI traffic is in the correct parking spots and after 20 seconds.. POOFFFF!!! and almost everything is gone. I suspected a corrupt AFD file or something interfering with another scenery but on another airport (EHRD) between the two hubs the same thing happened.

In FSUIPC there's a tab 'Traffic'. After playing with the sliders and setting them back to 0 and increasing the upper limit of traffic the AI traffic doesn't vanish anymore.