Main Menu

New suggestion: changing airport ICAO for downloaded FPs

Started by lmhariano, August 11, 2021, 02:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lmhariano

I've been enjoying AIM, and specially OCI since I started using P3D4. I see a function that would be very useful: changing airport ICAO codes. The most obvious usage would be for people that fly to Kai Tak (batch switching all FPs from VHHH to VHHX) and want to move all traffic there from Chek Lap Kok, but there are some other cases that might be useful (for example, moving some airlines from ZBAA to ZBAD).

Can this be added to a next version of AIM?

johanfrc

The best thing is to use AIFP to do that for the BGL files. It has that function built in.

Airlines that moved from ZBAA to ZBAD will be updated over time, so no need to worry about that for now. Some airlines have already been done, but mostly the Chinese are still missing as they are not easy to get good reliable data for.
Regards

Johan Clausen

lmhariano

Quote from: johanfrc on August 11, 2021, 08:40:13 PM
The best thing is to use AIFP to do that for the BGL files. It has that function built in.

But can AIFP batch-change airport ICAOs? I hope to be wrong, but as far as I understand, through AIFP I'd have to load each FP and replace VHHH with VHHX. Cathay Pacific and Cathay Dragon would be obvious, but for other airlines it would be quite a chore. That's why I proposed this feature.

RayP

Cheers,
Ray (Cheshire, England)

Dave YVRATC

It's not a chore at all really. Takes about 30 seconds per carrier, which when you are used to installing repaints, and flight plans manually its nothing.