Main Menu

Handling of callsigns in Aircraft.cfg

Started by drewb8, January 06, 2022, 08:01:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drewb8

Hi-

I've been loving the flexibility of using Microsoft's Azure TTS for the ATC since it easily allows you to change phrasing, correct pronunciations and because you don't need to manually create every new callsign like you did in the Editvoicepack days.

One thing I've noticed is that when Azure comes across three capital letters, its says them as letters (it assumes they are an abbreviation). This is fine for KLM, but results in ATC saying things like "En E double-u ZEALAND 481, line up and wait", or "Zee A Pee 1211, climb and maintain 8,000". I've gone into the Aircraft.cfg files and changed the callsign from NEW ZEALAND to New ZEALAND and this fixes the problem. I've also made a few other edits to help Azure pronounce things correctly (eg separating words like changing it from RYANAIR to RYAN Air).

What I've noticed though is that when adding or updating airlines in AIM, it overwrites the Aircraft.cfg files for all of the installed sim objects. It seems to keep all of the edits to the text (eg RYANAIR to RYAN Air), but always re-writes the callsign field in capital letters, undoing any fixes I've made.

I was wondering if there is a setting you could change or code you could pull out so that it doesn't write over the callsign field in capitals every time AIM adds or updates?

Thanks,
Drew

johanfrc

Better get ASOBO to fix it. This is not something AIG should change, as it's a problem with the internal ATC, not AIG.
Regards

Johan Clausen