Main Menu

[OPEN #473] Bigger map please

Started by insubria, January 17, 2022, 06:44:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

insubria

Hi,

The map that appears in "Routes" is too small, as you can see doesn't fill the space in the window, with this small size it's not very useful. Is possibile to show a bigger map?

The second problem is that on big airports, the map don't show the routes, it doesn't appair (eg. LIMC)

In attachment , the evidences.

I have MSFS2020

Thanks

Kaiii3

the map is provided by a 3rd party website. I will check if it can be provided in larger size.

About the "empty" map give it some time to load, and it could be that the server on the other side can not process the reqeust.

insubria

it seems also a problem in the link that generate the map, for example for Milan Linate (LIN/LIML) airport I see this, and it seems very wrong because there are a lot of duplicates,
look here probably the algorithm that generate the url has something to fix.

http://www.gcmap.com/map?&MS=bm&DU=mi&MX=720x360&MS=bm&MP=rect&MR=30&PM=b%3Adisc7%2B"%25t"7&P=LIN-RIX/NCE/FAB/NUE/VIE/LNZ/ZAG/BDS/PMI/FLR/ATH/BER/LSZL/AGP/VKO/GRS/VRN/BEG/KLU/GVA/ZRH/STR/CIA/LBG/MAN/HHN/GMP/BLQ/NAP/WAW/BRN/HPN/REG/FCO/FCO/PMO/CAG/CTA/NAP/LHR/CTA/FCO/FCO/FCO/FCO/CTA/FCO/CTA/BRI/BRI/BRI/AHO/BRI/CTA/CTA/NAP/BRI/CTA/BRI/NAP/BRI/BRI/BRI/CTA/FCO/CTA/BRI/BRI/CTA/BRI/CTA/BRI/FCO/CTA/CTA/FCO/FCO/CTA/BRI/CTA/FCO/FCO/FCO/FCO/FCO/FCO/FCO/NAP/BRI/CTA/BRI/NAP/BRI/FCO/FCO/CTA/BRI/CTA/CTA/FCO/CTA/NAP/FCO/FCO/CTA/FCO/FCO/CTA/FCO/FCO/AMS/FCO/CTA/FCO/FCO/NAP/CTA/NAP/FCO/NAP/CTA/NAP/FCO/FCO/FCO/FCO/FCO/FCO/FCO/BRI/FCO/CDG/BRI/FCO/CDG/NAP/FCO/CTA/FCO/FCO/FCO/CDG/TPS/CDG/SUF/CTA/FCO/FCO/FCO/FCO/FCO/FCO/FCO/FCO/FCO/NAP/CTA/NAP/FCO/BRI/FCO/CDG/NAP/BRI/FCO/CDG/CDG/NAP/BRI/CTA/FCO/CDG/BRI/BRI/NAP/BRU/CDG/NAP/CTA/FCO/FCO/CDG/BRI/CDG/BRI/BRI/NAP/FCO/CTA/CDG/FCO/FCO/FCO/CTA/CDG/NAP/FCO/FCO/NAP/BRI/NAP/FCO/CTA/TPS/FCO/TPS/FCO/TPS/FCO/TPS/FCO/FCO/FCO/FCO/FCO/FCO/FCO/NAP/CTA/NAP/BRI/NAP/CTA/BRI/CDG/BRI/FCO/FCO/FCO/CTA/FCO/NAP/CDG/FCO/FCO/FCO/FCO/CDG/BRI/FCO/FCO/FCO/FCO/FCO/BRI/CDG/FCO/FCO/BRI/NAP/FCO/CTA/FCO/FCO/FCO/CDG/CDG/FCO/CTA/FCO/CDG/NAP/BRI/TPS/FCO/CDG/BRI/FCO/FCO/FCO,LIN-STR,LIN-GVA,LIN-GVA,LIN-GVA,LIN-GVA,LIN-GVA,LIN-GVA,LIN-TRS,LIN-GVA,LIN-GVA,LIN-GVA,LIN-GVA,LIN-NAP,LIN-NAP,LIN-NAP,LIN-NAP,LIN-NAP,LIN-NAP,LIN-NAP,LIN-NAP,LIN-NAP,LIN-NAP,LIN-NAP,LIN-NAP,LIN-NAP,LIN-CTA,LIN-CTA,LIN-CTA,LIN-CTA,LIN-CTA,LIN-CTA,LIN-CTA,LIN-BDS,LIN-BDS,LIN-BDS,LIN-BDS,LIN-BDS,LIN-BRI,LIN-BRI,LIN-BRI,LIN-BRI,LIN-BRI,LIN-BRI,LIN-BRI,LIN-BRI,LIN-BRI,LIN-BRI,LIN-BRI,LIN-FCO,LIN-PSR,LIN-ORY,LIN-TRS,LIN-PSR,LIN-PSR,LIN-PSR,LIN-GVA,LIN-OTP,LIN-CDG,LIN-NAP,LIN-BDS,LIN-BDS,LIN-BRI,LIN-BDS,LIN-BDS,LIN-BDS,LIN-BDS,LIN-TPS,LIN-FCO,LIN-FCO,LIN-LUX,LIN-FCO,LIN-FCO,LIN-FCO,LIN-FCO,LIN-FCO,LIN-FCO,LIN-FCO,LIN-CDG,LIN-CDG,LIN-CDG,LIN-CDG,LIN-CDG,LIN-CDG,LIN-CDG,LIN-CDG,LIN-CDG,LIN-CDG,LIN-CDG,LIN-CDG,LIN-CDG,LIN-CDG,LIN-CDG,LIN-FRA,LIN-MLA,LIN-BCN,LIN-CTA,LIN-CTA,LIN-CTA,LIN-CTA,LIN-GVA,LIN-CTA,LIN-SUF,LIN-SUF,LIN-LUX,LIN-LUX,LIN-LUX,LIN-LUX,LIN-LUX,LIN-LUX,LIN-LUX,LIN-LUX,LIN-LUX,LIN-LUX,LIN-LUX,LIN-BRU,LIN-BRU,LIN-BRU,LIN-BRU,LIN-BRU,LIN-BRU,LIN-PNL,LIN-BDS,LIN-DUS,LIN-LMP,LIN-BRU,LIN-MAD,LIN-MAD,LIN-MAD,LIN-MAD,LIN-MAD,LIN-MAD,LIN-MAD,LIN-MAD,LIN-MAD,LIN-MAD,LIN-MAD,LIN-MAD,LIN-MAD,LIN-MAD,LIN-MAD,LIN-MAD,LIN-MAD,LIN-MAD,LIN-MAD,LIN-MAD,LIN-MAD,LIN-MAD,LIN-MAD,LIN-MAD,LIN-MAD,LIN-MAD,LIN-AMS,LIN-AMS,LIN-AMS,LIN-AMS,LIN-AMS,LIN-AMS,LIN-AMS,LIN-AMS,LIN-ARN,LIN-AMS,LIN-AMS,LIN-AMS,LIN-AMS,LIN-AMS,LIN-AMS,LIN-AMS,LIN-AMS,LIN-MAD,LIN-LCY,LIN-ARN,LIN-ARN,LIN-LPCS,LTN-LIN,BDS-LIN,BDS-LIN,BDS-LIN,BDS-LIN,BDS-LIN,BDS-LIN,BDS-LIN,BDS-LIN,BDS-LIN,BDS-LIN,BDS-LIN,BDS-LIN,BDS-LIN,UGN-LIN,HAM-,HAM-LIN,PEG-LIN,TIA-LIN,BBU-LIN,SVO-LIN,GVA-LIN,GVA-LIN,GVA-LIN,GVA-LIN,GVA-LIN,GVA-LIN,GVA-LIN,GVA-LIN,GVA-LIN,GVA-LIN,GVA-LIN,GVA-LIN,GVA-LIN,STR-LIN,STR-LIN,49.96,8.64-LIN,LYS-LIN,TPS-LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN,TPS-LIN,FCO-LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN,FCO-LIN,MAD-,MAD-LIN,MAD-LIN,MAD-LIN,MAD-LIN,MAD-LIN,MAD-LIN,MAD-LIN,MAD-LIN,MAD-LIN,MAD-LIN,MAD-LIN,MAD-LIN,MAD-LIN,MAD-LIN,MAD-LIN,MAD-LIN,MAD-LIN,MAD-LIN,MAD-LIN,MAD-LIN,MAD-LIN,MAD-LIN,MAD-LIN,MAD-LIN,MAD-LIN,MAD-LIN,MAD-LIN,CTA-LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN,CTA-LIN,CTA-LIN,CTA-LIN,CTA-LIN,CTA-LIN,CTA-LIN,CTA-LIN,CTA-LIN,CTA-LIN,CTA-LIN,CTA-LIN,CTA-LIN,NAP-LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN,NAP-LIN,NAP-LIN,NAP-LIN,NAP-LIN,NAP-LIN,NAP-LIN,NAP-LIN,NAP-LIN,NAP-LIN,NAP-LIN,NAP-LIN,NAP-LIN,NAP-LIN,NAP-LIN,NAP-LIN,NAP-LIN,NAP-LIN,NAP-LIN,NAP-LIN,NAP-LIN,NAP-LIN,NAP-LIN,NAP-LIN,PSR-,PSR-LIN,PSR-LIN,PSR-LIN,PSR-LIN,PSR-LIN,PSR-LIN,PSR-LIN,PSR-LIN,BRU-LIN,BRU-LIN,LUX-,LUX-LIN,TRS-,TRS-LIN,TRS-LIN,BRI-LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN,BRI-LIN,BRI-LIN,BRI-LIN,BRI-LIN,BRI-LIN,BRI-LIN,BRI-LIN,BRI-LIN,BRI-LIN,BRI-LIN,BRI-LIN,BRI-LIN,BRI-LIN,BRI-LIN,BRI-LIN,BRI-LIN,HEL-LIN,STN-LIN,BHX-LIN,BDL-LIN,CDG-LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN,CDG-LIN,CDG-LIN,CDG-LIN,CDG-LIN,CDG-LIN,CDG-LIN,CDG-LIN,CDG-LIN,CDG-LIN,CDG-LIN,CDG-LIN,CDG-LIN,CDG-LIN,CDG-LIN,CDG-LIN,CDG-LIN,AMS-LIN,AMS-LIN,AMS-LIN,AMS-LIN,AMS-LIN,AMS-LIN,AMS-LIN,AMS-LIN,AMS-LIN,AMS-LIN,AMS-LIN,AMS-LIN,AMS-LIN,AMS-LIN,AMS-LIN,AMS-LIN,AMS-LIN,SUF-LIN,SUF-LIN,SUF-LIN,ARN-,ARN-LIN,ARN-LIN,ARN-LIN,

johanfrc

That is for sure a way tooo long URL for the map. Having used GCMAP for some years now, I know there is a limit, and after that limit is reached, it will not work at all!

The map shows all flights for that particular airline, where in the release posts here on this forum, we try to split them up into plane types, so i.e. if an airline have A380, then a map showing the A380 flights are shown and so on. That eliminates the need for large maps.

The problem regarding the map is that it takes all the flights for the plan and add them into a URL that is then shown in OCI. If this list get's too long, then it's not shown.

The map can be made bigger, yes, but it will also give problems regarding the size of the program on the monitor if the map gets larger.
Regards

Johan Clausen

insubria

johanfrc please read carefully my previous post,

I put the evidence that the link that AIManager generates to call the map  is wrong, it contains a lot of duplicates an that is the main problem, it wastes a lot of characters in the url due to the great number of wrong parameters, duplicated ones, and also the reverse lines are not useful.

example: in the string there is LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN/LIN
example: BRI-LIN,BRI-LIN,BRI-LIN,BRI-LIN,BRI-LIN,BRI-LIN,BRI-LIN,BRI-LIN,BRI-LIN,BRI-LIN,BRI-LIN,BRI-LIN,BRI-LIN,BRI-LIN,BRI-LIN,BRI-LIN,

johanfrc

Yeah I know that. I know the link is wayyyy too  long. And it is absolutely something that can be fixed. Internally AIG even have a program that can make gcmaps, where all the duplicates and similar have been removed. So I'm wondering why it has not been included. But okay. It has usually not been a problem until your post (almost 2½ years after OCI was first released). So maybe it's now that the update for that should happen, so we can avoid those long URLs.

What happens in your case, last picture, is that if the URL gets too long, then GCMAP will not be able to generate a map, and will therefore throw an error. So if that could be eliminated, using the code we already have from another program (modified of course), then it would get rid of the duplicates and therefore also a higher chance of getting the map shown for the airport in question. And that will help a lot.

Imagine the code if you had used Atlanta (ATL) as an example instead. It would probably have been 3-4 times longer code.

Getting rid of the duplicates (no matter if it's i.e. LIN-BRI or BRI-LIN) would help a lot and we would get a better map.
Regards

Johan Clausen

Dave YVRATC

The map is just meant to give you an idea of the route structure, if you want a detailed one go check the airlines website.

insubria

Quote from: Dave YVRATC on January 18, 2022, 09:04:15 PM
The map is just meant to give you an idea of the route structure, if you want a detailed one go check the airlines website.

ok but the link that generate the current map has a serious bug that need a fix, as I have shown before.

Kaiii3

it is on the list ;) but since it is not "game" breaking at the moment it has no high priority.