Main Menu

[CLOSED] Shut down AI Traffic

Started by Hor1463, January 24, 2022, 04:26:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hor1463

Hi, after the last update I have contantly shut downs of the programm. I have to restart it during the flight for many times.
Roland

Kaiii3

these CTDs are related to SimConnect, ASOBO and I are still investigating, but since they are random we have not been able to track them down yet... (I had o CTDs with AIGTC in the last 20 in Game hours)

f-bird

Hi,

same Problem in P3Dv5.3HF2
Regards, Detlef

georgio2021

Error in AIG Traffic Controller " Exception Processing Message 0xc0000005-Unexpected parameters " I use P3DV5.3HF2

mjchernis

Same here.  Really not useable right now--shuts down within 10 minutes almost every time.  Understand this is related to a problem with SimConnect.  But, is there no way to make the controller a little more resilient or trap the error and restart itself.  Kind of bummer because things were working pretty well and now I can't really use the controller because it keeps shutting down.

Kaiii3

The actual issue is that this error is so servere that you are not allowed to catch it, Windodws itself prevents that, so there is no way to "restart" AIGTC after the crash from within TC. You would need an external tool to run the whole time.

Btw: We are getting closer to identify the issue. It seems that crashes of SimConnect are related to the number of other SimConnect Apps runnig at the same time. I am running default MSFS with just AIGTC and I have not a single crash in the last 60hrs flying over Japan.

mjchernis

Got it.  If it helps, I think I'm only running three apps--not exactly sure how to count though.  But, AIG,FBW A320,and SPAD.next are the only items in the Community folder.

Kaiii3

I guess SPAD.next is something that might muse SimConnect as well?

mjchernis

Most definitely.  It powers the Logitech FIPs/Switch Panels, etc.  When the controller crashes, it seems to keep running without incident.

mjchernis

Interesting. The traffic controller just ran for 60 minutes without SPAD.next loaded!  Tough conflict--for some of us, SN is a must have.

Kaiii3

helps me to narrow it down. Seems that the crahes are related to different SimConnect apps running at the same time

mjchernis

Let me know if I can help troubleshoot in any way.   Would really like to see it fixed.

p3dflyer64

A small tip to avoid TC closing/crashing during flight - after initial data loading and opening of TC map window, set the cpu affinity of TC in task manager to only two physical cores, preferably of the p3d terrain loading cores as they are not critical. This seems to have much improved things on my end. Change the affinity only after initial loading, as TC requires all the cores to complete initialization in minimum time.

leeholdridge

Quote from: Kaiii3 on March 19, 2022, 08:13:46 PMhelps me to narrow it down. Seems that the crahes are related to different SimConnect apps running at the same time
I notice it shuts down in a lot MSFS when I use default live weather or when I use REX Weather Force. I am sure you must already know this, anyway, I know it'll get solved one day.