Main Menu

[SOLVED] All Airliners at 10,997 feet

Started by ThorCoolguy, May 04, 2022, 10:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThorCoolguy

Hello,

Having a very strange issue in MSFS 2020. Using AIG-OCI and AIG-TC with the ai-offline fix to use the default GA aircraft, all airliners (and presumably all AIG traffic) cruises at 10,997 feet. They all seem to spawn very close to the ground, too, so on spawning at an airport I can often see a few airliners buzz the tower before starting to climb to 10,997 feet, where they then remain.

Hrmmm.

EDIT: After more playing around, I've actually found that the airliners seem to cruise at whatever flight level is closest to my current altitude. If I'm at 11,000 feet,  they'll be around 11,000 feet. If I go up to 21,000 feet, they'll cruise up there. They do seem to attempt to change altitude as I do, but sometimes they seem to get "stuck" above or below me. However, they never change altitude on their own, and they never cruise at their proper altitudes (30-40,000 ft) unless I'm up there too. Very weird.

AtropiN

Does this happen without "ai-offline fix" ?

BirdmanRS

http://www.alpha-india.net/2022/01/24/state-of-ai-traffic-in-msfs-update-january-2022/

"Spawning at very low altitude
We identified the reason why some airplanes spawn at unrealtistiv altitudes. The actual spawn altitude of the AI airplanes is based on the users own altitude. So if the users "sits" on the ground all enroute airplanes will spawn at low altitdues as well, if the user is enroute, the airplanes will spawn at altitudes close to the users altitude."

ThorCoolguy

Thanks for the replies.

I've uninstalled the "ai-traffic offline fix" completely, but the issue persists. Whenever MSFS traffic settings are set to AI Offline with AIG TC On, all AIG traffic loads at or near my current altitude, and for the most part stays at that altitude. If I am at 10,000 feet, they will load at 10,000 and stay at 10,000 feet. If I am on the ground, they will load at ~100 feet, and stay between 100-1000 ft AGL.

When I use MSFS Live Traffic with AIG TC off, AI altitudes appear correct (but of course the liveries are random).

From what I understand, most people are using AIG Traffic Connect with AI Offline. It appears most of them have it working properly, no?

Kaiii3

ThorCoolguy

Does this mean there's no current way to use AIG TC without getting weird altitude behavior?

johanfrc

Nope. It's not an AIGTC bug! It's a bug in MSFS, and AIG can do nothing about that, until ASOBO/MS fixes it.
Regards

Johan Clausen