Main Menu

[SOLVED] Difficulty with Batch file and exe.xml

Started by wakevortex, June 14, 2022, 04:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wakevortex

Hi Guys.. Im  having a real issue including the Traffic controller exe  in a simple batch file or in my exe.xml .
It seems to be related to the spaces in the name of the exe  AIGTech - Traffic Controller.exe
Can someone help me out with a batch file that will work for this (and to run it as admin)
It would be even better if you could tell me how to make it work in my exe.xml which runs all fs programs I need succesfully except this one which just gets ignored
much appreciated  !
Bill P

Kaiii3

wakevortex

wakevortex

any ideas on this ? I now have it working via addons linker but would rather it was in the exe.xml if possible?
thanks

Bill P

Kaiii3

can you post the exe.xml part you added for MSFS?

wakevortex

Sure.. here is the entry.
Ive tried it with and without quotes..nothing happens, but all other exe.xml entries run perfectly

<Launch.Addon>
      <Name>Aig Traffic controller</Name>
      <Disabled>False</Disabled>
      <Path>C:\Users\bill\Desktop\FS2020\FS2020 FOLDER\AIG_TrafficController_0.5.1.1\AIGTech - Traffic Controller.exe</Path>
      <CommandLine></CommandLine>
   </Launch.Addon>

for example this works perfectly

<Launch.Addon>
      <Name>Axis and Ohs</Name>
      <Disabled>False</Disabled>
      <Path>C:\Program Files\LorbyAxisAndOhs_MSFS\LorbyAxisAndOhs_MSFS.exe</Path>
      <CommandLine></CommandLine>
   </Launch.Addon>

thanks

Bill P

koala

I think it's because TC is forced to run as admin. When the sim launches it probably doesn't have that same level of privilege and so it can't start TC.

To test, I have tried removing the 'run as admin' on the TC.exe on my machine and the program launches, if i check that 'run as admin' box it doesn't launch automatically after being added to the XML file. (I think TC requires 'admin rights' so you can't really remove that checkbox, was just to test).

Running the sim 'as admin' so that both programs are on the same level would probably fix it too, but not sure if there are some drawbacks so i can't really recommend that.

::cheers::

wakevortex

Koala
yes I wondered about the admin thing too...but just tried running FS as Admin , and it made no difference at all sadly.. TC still didnt run
And yes, if admin is removed from TC it DOES start from the XML..
I now have it starting with FS  using Fs addons linker ..but I would rather not have to start that every time to achieve it ..I may as well just start TC manually if thats the case LOL

very odd..
Bill P