Main Menu

[Announcement] AIG AI Manager - One Click Installer

Started by Kaiii3, November 16, 2018, 10:17:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaiii3

Short Dev-Update:

There are still some bugs left, but we are getting there :stirpot: The OCI-Process itself is working without any major error. The errors we had during out last tests were caused by fault repaint and model archives. Right now we are at a point to decide if we want to include one more features to the 0.8 release or if we will bring itlater:

• Conversion of all texture files to DDS DXT5 during installtion

alpet

sharklet_a319

Quote from: alpet on November 21, 2018, 09:03:06 PM
What about to use mipped textures as well?

for sure  :)

we already work with a prefered texture method picking dds DXT5 mipped textures, if available

alpet

Good news indee! But what about the conversion option then? Should we expect that textures will be converted into mipped DDS DXT5?

sharklet_a319

When we implement the conversion of texture, we will transform them to dds, DXT5 mipped  :)

But as Kai said: currently we have some bugs to fix, which has priority at the moment.

Jhambly

With the new one click installer, what about handling alternate ICAOs?  I have at least one modified airport that has an alternate ICAO that matches the real world ICAO that was changed and is different to the ICAO in stock P3D.  AIFP can be set to identify these and "redirect" traffic to the substitute ICAO.

John

sharklet_a319

Quote from: Jhambly on November 24, 2018, 09:48:36 PM
With the new one click installer, what about handling alternate ICAOs?  I have at least one modified airport that has an alternate ICAO that matches the real world ICAO that was changed and is different to the ICAO in stock P3D.  AIFP can be set to identify these and "redirect" traffic to the substitute ICAO.

John

AIM (OCI) automatically checks if the actual ICAO is available on your system and sets the airport code to match with your set up (actual ICAO or FSX default)

Kaiii3

We have added the DDS DXT5 MIPs conversion to AIGAIM-OCI. If the texture file is not DDS DXT5 Mip AIGAIM-OCI will (if you have ImageTool.exe) convert the texture files to DDS DXT5 Mips.

Today we have extendet our internal tests to more users and have improved the some parts of the code, including the installation time of some flightplans. :stirpot:

KampfHase

For textures without Alpha DXT1 DDS is still the best option. At least to my knowledge. For textures with Alpha DXT5 DDS.
My AFCAD reworks in this thread: click!
Airports by me: KCLT | KMIA | EDDM | KBOS | KMSP | KATL | RJBB | LTAI | LTFJ | LSZH | KEWR | RJTT | WSSS | KPDX | KTEB | KLAS | KLGA | KSFO | KDEN | SKBO | EIDW
Next projects: RCTP

Kaiii3

Quote from: KampfHase on November 27, 2018, 09:03:12 PM
For textures without Alpha DXT1 DDS is still the best option. At least to my knowledge. For textures with Alpha DXT5 DDS.

Thanks for the input, we have implementet it :)

Tino

This sounds very very exciting.

I'm sure your fine but, if you need an extra tester, i wouldn't mind helping out.

Cheers!

Airbumps

Hi Guys,

Firstly - Fantastic idea and very much appreciated! I miss WOAI immensely and have been stuck using UTLive since I feel for the 'early release' hype. I was wondering if you might be able to provide some insight into a couple of things?

- Presuming I start with a fresh install of P3DV4 (no 3rd party AI), is it safe to assume that any AI downloaded/installed by your OCI will be verified as a P3D Compliant model?

- Is there any method possible to alter or restrict AI from particular airports? For example, if I regularly fly into Gatwick and decide I want to disable all the AI that lands/takes off at Heathrow (because it adds significantly to the CPU workload) is that possible? It's something UT2 used to do  (and UTLive says it can but there's a bug there). I realise it's possible to edit traditional FlightPlan files but it might be beyond the scope of your OCI

- As another users noted (and you've confirmed) we can use payware AI traffic. For those of us with several GBs of existing AI Traffic, will we need to cusomise our Titles or .CFGs in anyway to have them recognised by the OCI?

- Out of interest, how many AIG FP's (with complete AI models/textures) are out there at the moment? Its hard to tell.

Oh, and of course...WHEN WILL IT BE READY?!?!?!  ;D ;D

Thanks heaps

Kaiii3

Quote from: Tino on November 30, 2018, 10:57:00 PM
I'm sure your fine but, if you need an extra tester, i wouldn't mind helping out.

you all can test the tool after release ^^

Quote from: Airbumps on November 30, 2018, 11:37:15 PM
- Is there any method possible to alter or restrict AI from particular airports? For example, if I regularly fly into Gatwick and decide I want to disable all the AI that lands/takes off at Heathrow (because it adds significantly to the CPU workload) is that possible? It's something UT2 used to do  (and UTLive says it can but there's a bug there). I realise it's possible to edit traditional FlightPlan files but it might be beyond the scope of your OCI

this would mean a significant change of the BGLs, so far AIM is noct able to performe such a thing.

- Presuming I start with a fresh install of P3DV4 (no 3rd party AI), is it safe to assume that any AI downloaded/installed by your OCI will be verified as a P3D Compliant model?

All Models will be v4 caombatible, if there is a model that is currently not for v4 the model will be installed and later updatet.

- As another users noted (and you've confirmed) we can use payware AI traffic. For those of us with several GBs of existing AI Traffic, will we need to cusomise our Titles or .CFGs in anyway to have them recognised by the OCI?

OCI will be installed as a seperate Addon, all models will be installed from scratch there.

- Out of interest, how many AIG FP's (with complete AI models/textures) are out there at the moment? Its hard to tell.

For Summer 2018 we had around 250 FP, all OCI ready

Oh, and of course...WHEN WILL IT BE READY?!?!?!  ;D ;D

Wait and see :stirpot: :stirpot: ::happy::

hi1pie

Quote from: sharklet_a319 on November 21, 2018, 09:57:56 PM
When we implement the conversion of texture, we will transform them to dds, DXT5 mipped  :)

But as Kai said: currently we have some bugs to fix, which has priority at the moment.

Will there be an option for no mips for those of us that don't like them?

Holy Cheese

Hi Kaiii,

I don't usually ask questions like this, and I've seen your reply a couple of posts up, but can you give any pointers as to how far away from a release you are? I'm not trying to be pushy, but I just installed P3D4.4 a couple of nights ago and am wondering if I should go through the effort of putting my ai back in (I want to use the xml method this time) or if I would be better to wait for the AIG AI manager.

Thanks in advance
Jack