Main Menu

[SOLVED] Update 4.1.0 stuck at load airports

Started by Seat7A, October 01, 2021, 07:02:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaiii3

@dubster231

AIGTC is not using any VRAM it uses the actual RAM and when you have already 99%RAM usage when TC only uses 531MB, then there is something off..

@everyone:
I am currently checking out some alternative way to read/write the cache files. The "old" way resulted in ca. 30-60sec. locading time of AIGTC on my end, so I actual have no clue why it takes so long on your ends ???

Kaiii3

dubster231

Quote from: Kaiii3 on October 02, 2021, 11:44:27 AM
Quote from: dubster231 on October 02, 2021, 11:36:39 AM
Quote from: Kaiii3 on October 02, 2021, 11:33:45 AM
Quote from: data63 on October 02, 2021, 11:28:57 AM
doesn't look that bad (RAM wise) on second start (from P3D add-ons.cfg) - but still takes very long

whats "long"?

For second run, more than hour for me and still continue,
The program interface never open

how big are your BIN files in the cache?

sorry for that Kaiii3 how can I check it, could you explain  ???

Kaiii3

open <AIGTC>\Resources\TC there are some bin files how big are they (make sure to use the latest EXE I have uploaded here)

dubster231

there is no file inside <AIGTC>\Resources\TC
just empty ::goofy::

I have download exe files which your post above

Kaiii3

Quote from: dubster231 on October 02, 2021, 12:13:43 PM

ok, have you ran the latest EXE?

dubster231

Quote from: Kaiii3 on October 02, 2021, 12:14:03 PM
Quote from: dubster231 on October 02, 2021, 12:13:43 PM

ok, have you ran the latest EXE?

I have download exe files which your post above
now I am triying again

Kaiii3

new EXE to try with improved performance and security upgrades ;D

koala

well even with the last EXE my loading time is super long  (launched the tool almost 30 times today for testing purposes, at 6-7 minutes each that's like 3hours of watching the loading screen, i found the loading screen screenshot beautiful at first but now i just hate it hahah   :D :D :D :D :D :D :D)

if this can help :
- if i launch TC in p3dv5 mode, the loading is quick if the cache files exists
- if i launch TC in p3dv4 mode it takes ages everytime, the log is filled with 'new airports' entries, not sure, maybe it just rescan everything every time.

not even sure if it's the same issue as other posters because for me it works, it's just super super slow, for other it seems it doesn't launch at all unfortunately.  ::cheers::

Kaiii3

@koala:

1) Remove the Addon from the P3Dv4 Addon directory in documents
2) Run the last EXE for v4
3) Check in the Addon.xml if it is v4
4) Restart for v4 and check loading times

koala

yes it was already v4 in the addon-xml but i don't even use that because, since i do tests, i launch TC manually so i select the version directly from the little combo at the start. Don't want to restart p3d to autostart TC everytime because that would be even more looooong  ;)

Kaiii3

ok, then it should work now with the above attached EXE. If not plese upload the logs after the second startup. Between both startups check if both bin files are created

dubster231

nothing change Kaiii3 :'(   I did all of your instructions

I dont know why but when I start program ram using increasing gradually after reaching 99 percent, physical memory are decreasing again gradually to almost zero but virtual memory ram and ram display showing 99 percent, and then pc is going to freeze.

I uploaded pics 

rangingwarr

Just to give you a bit more data, using the original files for the new update it took 3.5 minutes to load and is using 936mb of RAM after I was able to get it to generate the bin files. My bin files are 3mb for the airport one and 8mb for the scenery one. Also my addon.xml was generated properly for P3Dv4 after disabling the old one to be able to do a flight yesterday

Since we're discussing loading times I think I should mention that P3D and my AIG programs are on a SATA SSD and the OCI files are on a HDD

Kaiii3

@dubster

can you check if there are more filter in the directory after these two files:

New File: O:\Prepar3D v4 Addons\Addon Scenery\ASIA\Philippines\[RPLL] Manila, Ninoy Aquino Intl [P3Dv4]\scenery\RPLL_ADEX_GM_CVX.bgl
   New File: O:\Prepar3D v4 Addons\Addon Scenery\ASIA\Philippines\[RPLL] Manila, Ninoy Aquino Intl [P3Dv4]\scenery\rpll_ads.BGL

they are the alst entries in the TC log