Main Menu

[SOLVED] Update 4.1.0 stuck at load airports

Started by Seat7A, October 01, 2021, 07:02:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dubster231

Quote from: Kaiii3 on October 02, 2021, 03:40:31 PM
@dubster

can you check if there are more filter in the directory after these two files:

New File: O:\Prepar3D v4 Addons\Addon Scenery\ASIA\Philippines\[RPLL] Manila, Ninoy Aquino Intl [P3Dv4]\scenery\RPLL_ADEX_GM_CVX.bgl
   New File: O:\Prepar3D v4 Addons\Addon Scenery\ASIA\Philippines\[RPLL] Manila, Ninoy Aquino Intl [P3Dv4]\scenery\rpll_ads.BGL

they are the alst entries in the TC log

I remove all of Asia Folder and then I will test again but most probably they were last entires before the pc freeze
I will inform you, for your information old version of TC is working correctly without error. I tested it. it is opening in 2 min

acehigh817

Hello,

I too am having the same issue and have read through the post. (I'm running on a i7-8700k @ 4.75Ghz - 16GB Corsair Memory - m2 SSD's - Red Devil 6900 XT)

Originally, Traffic Controller wanted me to update. After closing P3D and downloading the file. I just overwrote everything from the downloaded zip to the original working folder. But that just hung.

So I thought it was something I had missed on the update. I came to the forums. I grabbed the Beta installer and copied everything over again. But no joy.

When I open perfmon, memory resources are through the roof. To the point of making Windows unresponsive.

Steps I took:

I downloaded the zip you have recently provided, overwrote, and ran the EXE.

Doing a time check.. It took 6 mins to get past the Loading Airports. And the Original Loading screen closed. AIGTC was still showing as a running process using 9GB of Memory.

I let it continue. During this time, a couple boxes opening and then closed but they were only boxes. No content.

Around 9 mins after. It shut down and wasn't showing in the Task Manager. However, Windows was still very slow or unresponsive. I've had to use my reset button a lot. It's making Windows completely unstable for some reason.

Another thing I noticed, was that AIG didn't start up with the Sim. I thought maybe it had to do with the new AIGTC.

When I realized that wasn't the truth. I start AIGTC and it crashed everything. Simbrief Downloader also crashed because of resource issues. (on a separate time)

I'm not sure which log you need. I forgot from the earlier posts. So here is everything with the word "Log".  ;D

I appreciate your help!

dubster231

Quote from: Kaiii3 on October 02, 2021, 03:40:31 PM
@dubster

can you check if there are more filter in the directory after these two files:

New File: O:\Prepar3D v4 Addons\Addon Scenery\ASIA\Philippines\[RPLL] Manila, Ninoy Aquino Intl [P3Dv4]\scenery\RPLL_ADEX_GM_CVX.bgl
   New File: O:\Prepar3D v4 Addons\Addon Scenery\ASIA\Philippines\[RPLL] Manila, Ninoy Aquino Intl [P3Dv4]\scenery\rpll_ads.BGL

they are the alst entries in the TC log

I have one good news  ::happy:: and one problem  :nuke:

I removed all my scenery entries from p3d v4 (took backup scenery.cfg ). I tested TC only with addon sceneries now it is working finally I saw the interface of app. I will post log files for working setting. initializing time of TC is around 5 min and In TC folders I have airport bin ( 64kb) scenery bin (729 kb)

beside that  I have to add other sceneries via scenery.cfg. I will wait your respond for me for another test.

I hope we will handle with it, great support  ::party::

Kaiii3

0.4.1.1 will come with an optional "slow mode", that will require less RAM but will take a bit longer to load the initial cache on the first startup.

By default AIGTC will scan all scenery files in all scenery directories the same time. In the new mode only on directory will be scanned at the same time.

Update is going onlne in a few minutes

Musician_89

I am having the same issue "load airports" and i am using the latest version of Traffic Controller.
Please forgive if me i post something "stupid" I am autistic so certain things are harder for me.

Quax

I used 0.4.1.1 in slow mode. But there are freezes by full RAM. I have 32GB installed.

Kaiii3

Quote from: Quax on October 03, 2021, 01:40:21 PM
I used 0.4.1.1 in slow mode. But there are freezes by full RAM. I have 32GB installed.

freezes or crash?

dubster231

Quote from: Kaiii3 on October 03, 2021, 07:11:55 AM
0.4.1.1 will come with an optional "slow mode", that will require less RAM but will take a bit longer to load the initial cache on the first startup.

By default AIGTC will scan all scenery files in all scenery directories the same time. In the new mode only on directory will be scanned at the same time.

Hi Kaiii3,  TC has a hard time dealing with large data files if I have to speak for my PC. When I try to load all its files, the PC first uses all physical ram (16Gb) and Virtual Memory (55Gb) and then eventually freezes and finally becomes inoperable.

For my own PC, I found a solution: first, I made a backup and cleaned all the entries in the Scenery.cfg file. Then I ran the program with only the first hundred entries. In about 15 minutes, it scanned all entries and opened it and created a bin file. At the other stage, I ran the program over and over again, adding the next 100 on top of the old one each time. totally It took me 2.5 hours because there were 438 entries in My Scenery.cfg file, but I was able to scan all the files without the PC freezing.

This is nothing to me compared to yesterday's waste of time. I must say that TC had a hard time scanning ORBX and Default P3dv4 files. These files use the most of time. It usually has no problem scanning normal Scenery files and Addons.

Now, after everything is over, I have Airport. bin file 14mb Scenery.bin file 26mb. and TC opening time is around 5 minutes.

acehigh817

Good Morning,
I've gone ahead and redownloaded AIGTC. And it's gone from bad to worse.

When I right click and Run as Admin. The desktop flickers. But nothing opens. Nothing in Task Manager as well. I've tried to open it about 6 times. I've even restarted my PC.

As a test. I took the new download and the latest EXE upload and combined them. (exe upload overwrote new download) And still got the same results. Something is deploying but is shutting down instantly. Just a flicker, blue loading circle for a couple seconds, and nothing.

Could you kindly provide the previous AIGTC version. So those of us affected can use a stable copy for now?

Kaiii3

Quote from: dubster231 on October 03, 2021, 03:03:08 PM

Hi Kaiii3,  TC has a hard time dealing with large data files if I have to speak for my PC. When I try to load all its files, the PC first uses all physical ram (16Gb) and Virtual Memory (55Gb) and then eventually freezes and finally becomes inoperable.

For my own PC, I found a solution: first, I made a backup and cleaned all the entries in the Scenery.cfg file. Then I ran the program with only the first hundred entries. In about 15 minutes, it scanned all entries and opened it and created a bin file. At the other stage, I ran the program over and over again, adding the next 100 on top of the old one each time. totally It took me 2.5 hours because there were 438 entries in My Scenery.cfg file, but I was able to scan all the files without the PC freezing.

This is nothing to me compared to yesterday's waste of time. I must say that TC had a hard time scanning ORBX and Default P3dv4 files. These files use the most of time. It usually has no problem scanning normal Scenery files and Addons.

Now, after everything is over, I have Airport. bin file 14mb Scenery.bin file 26mb. and TC opening time is around 5 minutes.

how big are all your addons (scenery BGL only) combined?

Quote from: acehigh817 on October 03, 2021, 03:06:55 PM

Good Morning,
I've gone ahead and redownloaded AIGTC. And it's gone from bad to worse.

When I right click and Run as Admin. The desktop flickers. But nothing opens. Nothing in Task Manager as well. I've tried to open it about 6 times. I've even restarted my PC.

As a test. I took the new download and the latest EXE upload and combined them. (exe upload overwrote new download) And still got the same results. Something is deploying but is shutting down instantly. Just a flicker, blue loading circle for a couple seconds, and nothing.

Could you kindly provide the previous AIGTC version. So those of us affected can use a stable copy for now?

this indicates some other issue, please open a new topic and post the logs.

dubster231

Without Orbx And Default P3d v4 files, my sceneryfiles are around 140gb

Kaiii3

Quote from: dubster231 on October 03, 2021, 03:21:47 PM
Without Orbx And Default P3d v4 files, my sceneryfiles are around 140gb totally

ok and with ORBX I guess quite much more xD

Did yoi run in "slow" mode?

Kaiii3

can you make a backup of the cache (remove the original after that) and try the below version.

Run it in slow-mode, it will only load 10 files at the same time. This will increase loading times, but should keep RAM usage lower.

dubster231

Quote from: Kaiii3 on October 03, 2021, 04:00:03 PM

can you make a backup of the cache (remove the original after that) and try the below version.

Run it in slow-mode, it will only load 10 files at the same time. This will increase loading times, but should keep RAM usage lower.

Ok I will try, most probably  tomorrow night  I will have chance for it.

If I would experience  any problem during  slow mode, may I start Tc with my own cache without any lost

acehigh817

Sorry for the late reply (My son was born this week. :yeah:)

I don't believe it to be a different issue in general. Whatever it was doing while failing to load, isn't happening anymore.

I redownloaded the files this morning. Deleted my current TC folder and made a new one. And extracted the download into that folder.

Ran TC as Admin and selected Slow Mode. At this time.. It's been running on "Loading Airports" for the last 8+ mins. It's currently using 10.5GB of RAM out of 16GB.

In regards to folder sizes..

P3Dv4/Scenery folder is 15.5GB
P3Dv4/Addon Scenery is 19.0GB
My Documents/P3Dv4 Addon Folders is 2.74GB
I also have about 300GB of photoreal scenery on a different SSD.

I've had to stop writing this post a few times because TC is using all the resources and froze the pc.

Update: After 18 mins. It loaded using Slow Mode.

Tech Note:
I'm running on a i7-8700K @ 4.75Ghz and 16GB of 3200 RAM. Last night, I ordered a i7-11700K, new mobo, and 32GB of 4600 RAM. I'm also running AiG and the sim, on the same M2 SSD. You would think it would be super fast being on the same partition.

Anything you can think of to help with the load times?